- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Crazy! Guanzhou score stoppage time winner while opponents Jiangsu Sainty celebrate equaliser
Has elation ever turned to heartbreak, and vice versa, as quickly as it did in this match from the Chinese Super League between Guanzhou R&F and Jiangsu Saints?
Jiangsu had equalised in the fifth minute of stoppage time to make the score 2-2; Guanzhou’s keeper had run out intending to punch a cross away but was pipped to the ball by Brazilian defender Eleilson.
The away side could hardly contain their delight, and chose not to, for they thought this would be the game’s final act.
Unfortunately for Jiangsu, Guanzhou took advantage of the counter-productive effects euphoria had on their concentration and scored immediately from kick-off.
Moroccan striker Abderrazak Hamdallah’s 96th minute goal proved to be the winner and a harsh lesson for Jiangsu.
- Updated: July 22, 2014