Crazy! Guanzhou score stoppage time winner while opponents Jiangsu Sainty celebrate equaliser
- July 22, 2014
Has elation ever turned to heartbreak, and vice versa, as quickly as it did in this match from the Chinese Super League between Guanzhou R&F and Jiangsu Saints?
Jiangsu had equalised in the fifth minute of stoppage time to make the score 2-2; Guanzhou’s keeper had run out intending to punch a cross away but was pipped to the ball by Brazilian defender Eleilson.
The away side could hardly contain their delight, and chose not to, for they thought this would be the game’s final act.
Unfortunately for Jiangsu, Guanzhou took advantage of the counter-productive effects euphoria had on their concentration and scored immediately from kick-off.
Moroccan striker Abderrazak Hamdallah’s 96th minute goal proved to be the winner and a harsh lesson for Jiangsu.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi