Crazy! Guanzhou score stoppage time winner while opponents Jiangsu Sainty celebrate equaliser
- July 22, 2014
Has elation ever turned to heartbreak, and vice versa, as quickly as it did in this match from the Chinese Super League between Guanzhou R&F and Jiangsu Saints?
Jiangsu had equalised in the fifth minute of stoppage time to make the score 2-2; Guanzhou’s keeper had run out intending to punch a cross away but was pipped to the ball by Brazilian defender Eleilson.
The away side could hardly contain their delight, and chose not to, for they thought this would be the game’s final act.
Unfortunately for Jiangsu, Guanzhou took advantage of the counter-productive effects euphoria had on their concentration and scored immediately from kick-off.
Moroccan striker Abderrazak Hamdallah’s 96th minute goal proved to be the winner and a harsh lesson for Jiangsu.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...