Crazy! Guanzhou score stoppage time winner while opponents Jiangsu Sainty celebrate equaliser
- July 22, 2014
Has elation ever turned to heartbreak, and vice versa, as quickly as it did in this match from the Chinese Super League between Guanzhou R&F and Jiangsu Saints?
Jiangsu had equalised in the fifth minute of stoppage time to make the score 2-2; Guanzhou’s keeper had run out intending to punch a cross away but was pipped to the ball by Brazilian defender Eleilson.
The away side could hardly contain their delight, and chose not to, for they thought this would be the game’s final act.
Unfortunately for Jiangsu, Guanzhou took advantage of the counter-productive effects euphoria had on their concentration and scored immediately from kick-off.
Moroccan striker Abderrazak Hamdallah’s 96th minute goal proved to be the winner and a harsh lesson for Jiangsu.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...