Crazy (crucial) miss: Danny (Zenit) v Basel
- March 14, 2013
If you thought Spurs were lucky at Inter, you should have seen what Basel got up to!
The Swiss side held a 2-0 first leg lead over Zenit from the first leg at Basel but this looked precarious when Axel Witsel made it 1-0 to the Russians on the night.
A red card for Marcelo Diaz just after the break really put Basel on the back foot and Zenit were all over them.
Two incidents stood out late on. Of course, Yann Sommer’s penalty save from Roman Shirokov on 86 was all important but Zenit really should have levelled the tie on aggregate even earlier than that.
Watch and gawp at Danny’s incredible miss on these videos:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi