Auf Wiedersehen, Pep: Bayern Munich sign Guardiola as their new coach from July 16th
- January 16, 2013
Perfekt!PEP GUARDIOLA (41) ab Juli bis 2016 neuer Trainer des FC Bayern! /Heynckes beendet zum Saisonende seine Karriere. ^M.Hörwick
— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) January 16, 2013
This is the biggest signing so far the transfer window.
Bayern Munich have made a major signing on Wednesday penning Pep Guardiola as their new boss from July 16th.
Guardiola will replace Jupp Heynckes when the 67-year-old’s contract expires, and the Spaniard will be in Munich until 2016.
Bayern Munich made the announcement on Twitter saying:
Perfect! PEP GUARDIOLA (41!) From July until 2016 new coach of FC Bayern / Heynckes ends his career at end of season.
Bayern’s capture of Guardiola is sure to anger plenty in the English media who had been vomiting bucketloads of column inches on non-accurate bullshit linking Pep with the Premier League.
Only yesterday Guardiola appeared in an FATV video in which the Spaniard said he’d like to work in England. Nevertheless Guardiola has chosen the Allainz Arena as his next career move, and Bayern fans will be over the moon at that.
Below watch a recent segment from Gulliem Balague in which the Spanish pundit said that Bayern were 90% done on a deal with Guardiola.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...