Auf Wiedersehen, Pep: Bayern Munich sign Guardiola as their new coach from July 16th
- January 16, 2013
Perfekt!PEP GUARDIOLA (41) ab Juli bis 2016 neuer Trainer des FC Bayern! /Heynckes beendet zum Saisonende seine Karriere. ^M.Hörwick
— FC Bayern München (@FCBayern) January 16, 2013
This is the biggest signing so far the transfer window.
Bayern Munich have made a major signing on Wednesday penning Pep Guardiola as their new boss from July 16th.
Guardiola will replace Jupp Heynckes when the 67-year-old’s contract expires, and the Spaniard will be in Munich until 2016.
Bayern Munich made the announcement on Twitter saying:
Perfect! PEP GUARDIOLA (41!) From July until 2016 new coach of FC Bayern / Heynckes ends his career at end of season.
Bayern’s capture of Guardiola is sure to anger plenty in the English media who had been vomiting bucketloads of column inches on non-accurate bullshit linking Pep with the Premier League.
Only yesterday Guardiola appeared in an FATV video in which the Spaniard said he’d like to work in England. Nevertheless Guardiola has chosen the Allainz Arena as his next career move, and Bayern fans will be over the moon at that.
Below watch a recent segment from Gulliem Balague in which the Spanish pundit said that Bayern were 90% done on a deal with Guardiola.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi