- Chelsea consider a singing section in the Shed End to improve the home atmosphere [Daily Mail]
- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
- Inter Milan reach agreement with Lukas Podolski, still yet to speak to Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois has claimed 51 crosses in the Premier League with a 100% success rate [HLN]
- Sevilla are interested in Man United striker Radamel Falcao [AS]
Could Gerard Deulofeu help Barcelona get out of their current malaise?
Barcelona fans are worried.
Without coach Tito Vilanova due to health issues and following potentially season-damaging defeats to AC Milan and Real Madrid twice, the Catalan press is almost in a frantic state.
Cue a poll in today’s edition of Sport: “Could Gerard Deulofeu help the first team to get out of the crisis?”
And, the results were pretty overwhelming in favour of the Barcelona B forward. 70% said YES. With only 30% voting NO.
After a horrible 9 days, it is no surprise that the name of the 18-year-olf forward has been bandied about after Deulofeu has been banging in the goals in Spain’s second division.
Rated as the best prospect to come out of the famed La Masia youth system since Lionel Messi, Deulofeu has scored 17 goals in 24 games in the Segunda Division and is joint top goal scorer of the league.
As an attacking player who likes to dribble and take on opposition players, Deulofeu could well make the difference against AC Milan on March 12.
And, if he is expected to be promoted to the Barcelona first team squad in 2013/2014, why wait with Jordi Roura’s side in need of a lift?
Crucially, Gerard Deulofeu is in great form – having scored four goals in his last two games.
And with a La Liga warm up against Deportivo La Coruna on Saturday night to come, it all looks set up for Deulofeu to make an impact on Barcelona’s fortunes.
His brace against Las Palmas on Saturday is on the first 2 videos below. Followed by the obligatory YouTube video showcasing Gerard Deulofeu’s talent.
- Updated: March 4, 2013