- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Corinthians reject Arsenal’s €8m bid for Alexandre Pato [Lancenet]
- December 2, 2013
One of the biggest (and most reliable) portals in Brazil have come up with some intriguing transfer news on Monday.
Arsenal have had an initial 8 million euro bid for Alexandre Pato rejected by Corinthians, according to Lancenet.
The 24-year-old has struggled at Corinthians since returning to Brazil from AC Milan and of late has been booed by the home support.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger clearly believes he can get the best out of Pato and Lancenet say the 8 million euro bid was rejected in recent weeks.
The initial bid from Arsenal has been labelled “derisory” by some in Brazil, despite Pato’s recent poor form.
Corinthians are holding out for a fee of closer to 12 million euros for the striker nicknamed “The Duck.”
Arsenal’s great north London rivals Tottenham had bid 15 million euros for Pato last summer, when they were negotiating for Paulinho, but the move was rejected.
Over the past few months Pato has had a rough time, missing a crucial penalty in the Copa do Brasil and struggling to hit the heights he had shown for the Rossoneri, when not injured.