Corinthians reject Arsenal’s €8m bid for Alexandre Pato [Lancenet]
- December 2, 2013
One of the biggest (and most reliable) portals in Brazil have come up with some intriguing transfer news on Monday.
Arsenal have had an initial 8 million euro bid for Alexandre Pato rejected by Corinthians, according to Lancenet.
The 24-year-old has struggled at Corinthians since returning to Brazil from AC Milan and of late has been booed by the home support.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger clearly believes he can get the best out of Pato and Lancenet say the 8 million euro bid was rejected in recent weeks.
The initial bid from Arsenal has been labelled “derisory” by some in Brazil, despite Pato’s recent poor form.
Corinthians are holding out for a fee of closer to 12 million euros for the striker nicknamed “The Duck.”
Arsenal’s great north London rivals Tottenham had bid 15 million euros for Pato last summer, when they were negotiating for Paulinho, but the move was rejected.
Over the past few months Pato has had a rough time, missing a crucial penalty in the Copa do Brasil and struggling to hit the heights he had shown for the Rossoneri, when not injured.
- Corinthians President hangs Alexandre Pato out to dry with incredible quotes about Braz...
- Sao Paulo scored quality team goal v Danubio, finished by Alexandre Pato on the volley ...
- Ex-AC Milan man Alexandre Pato hit the headlines scoring a hat-trick for Sao Paulo v Ca...
- Injury-plagued Alexandre Pato (Sao Paulo) forced off v Huachipato with thigh strain [Vi...
- Splat! Alexandre Pato cracks an egg over Kaka’s head to celebrate Brazil recall [...
- Alexandre Pato scores again, finishes lightning Sao Paulo break v Botafogo
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi