Corinthians reject Arsenal’s €8m bid for Alexandre Pato [Lancenet]
- December 2, 2013
One of the biggest (and most reliable) portals in Brazil have come up with some intriguing transfer news on Monday.
Arsenal have had an initial 8 million euro bid for Alexandre Pato rejected by Corinthians, according to Lancenet.
The 24-year-old has struggled at Corinthians since returning to Brazil from AC Milan and of late has been booed by the home support.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger clearly believes he can get the best out of Pato and Lancenet say the 8 million euro bid was rejected in recent weeks.
The initial bid from Arsenal has been labelled “derisory” by some in Brazil, despite Pato’s recent poor form.
Corinthians are holding out for a fee of closer to 12 million euros for the striker nicknamed “The Duck.”
Arsenal’s great north London rivals Tottenham had bid 15 million euros for Pato last summer, when they were negotiating for Paulinho, but the move was rejected.
Over the past few months Pato has had a rough time, missing a crucial penalty in the Copa do Brasil and struggling to hit the heights he had shown for the Rossoneri, when not injured.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...