Corinthians reject Arsenal’s €8m bid for Alexandre Pato [Lancenet]
- December 2, 2013
One of the biggest (and most reliable) portals in Brazil have come up with some intriguing transfer news on Monday.
Arsenal have had an initial 8 million euro bid for Alexandre Pato rejected by Corinthians, according to Lancenet.
The 24-year-old has struggled at Corinthians since returning to Brazil from AC Milan and of late has been booed by the home support.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger clearly believes he can get the best out of Pato and Lancenet say the 8 million euro bid was rejected in recent weeks.
The initial bid from Arsenal has been labelled “derisory” by some in Brazil, despite Pato’s recent poor form.
Corinthians are holding out for a fee of closer to 12 million euros for the striker nicknamed “The Duck.”
Arsenal’s great north London rivals Tottenham had bid 15 million euros for Pato last summer, when they were negotiating for Paulinho, but the move was rejected.
Over the past few months Pato has had a rough time, missing a crucial penalty in the Copa do Brasil and struggling to hit the heights he had shown for the Rossoneri, when not injured.
- Alexandre Pato posts Instagram update on his possible move to Tottenham
- Spurs try to sign Sao Paulo’s Alexandre Pato for €11m, player to meet his agent t...
- Tottenham fans have mixed reactions to reports Alexandre Pato may move to WHL (Tweets)
- Sao Paulo prepare for Alexandre Pato to move to Tottenham before the window closes [UOL]
- Man United & Chelsea offered Alexandre Pato for £11m [Telegraph]
- Ex AC Milan star Alexandre Pato scored two golazos in 3-1 Sao Paulo win [Videos]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...