Corinthians midfielder Petros banned for 6 months after pushing a referee
- August 19, 2014
Corinthians won 1-0 at Santos earlier this month in what was incidentally Robinho’s first game back at his childhood club.
At the time, footage of Corinthians midfielder Petros pushing over referee Raphael Claus went viral in Brazil as many wondered whether it was on purpose.
On Monday, a sports tribunal in Brazil ruled that Petros should be banned for a whopping six months for pushing Claus.
This comes as a huge blow to Corinthians who are third in Brazil’s Serie A, five points behind leaders Cruzeiro.
Petros initially claimed it was unintentional but then admitted how he was frustrated by how Claus had blocked one of his team mates when the score was at 0-0 in an important match for Corinthians.
Six months seems harsh to us. Corinthians are set to appeal the six-month ban.
Was Petros pushing the referee worse than Luis Suarez biting Giorgio Chiellini?
Or should we be looking for another example to go on?
- Corinthians President hangs Alexandre Pato out to dry with incredible quotes about Braz...
- Veteran Corinthians striker Emerson Sheik gets sent off in silly circumstances [Video]
- Santos keeper Vladimir pulls off incredible recovery save v Corinthians [Video]
- Disgrace: Corinthians’ Elias is called a “monkey” by a Danubio’...
- Jadson scores a brilliant free-kick as Corinthians beat Danubio in the Copa Libertadore...
- Corinthians’ Emerson Sheik was forced to twice dribble around the ref v RB Brasil...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi