Copa Argentina match abandoned as police use water cannons on unruly Union Villa Krause fans
- March 28, 2013
Union Villa Krause versus Quilmes only last forty-five minutes on Wednesday night.
After a first half in which Quilmes cashed in three goals at their lower league hosts in the cup, fans of Union Villa Krause rioted during the interval in an episode which brought the match to an early end.
Home supporters, gutted after seeing their team concede three times and also furious after the referee sent off striker Ariel Sánchez for simulation in the Quilmes box, took out their frustrations as they tried to tear down the perimeter fence and storm the playing surface at the break.
The fans’ effort to riot, however, were stopped in their tracks as the police brought out heavy-duty water cannons. In turn the match was suspended at the break.
Watch footage of the Union Villa Krause geting drenched below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi