- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers “bitterly disappointed” in post match interview after Crystal Palace defeat [Video]
- Radamel Falcao confirms return to Man United training on Twitter
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi played Jordi Alba in with an incredible long range pass [Vine]
- Dejan Lovren before Palace defeat: “I want to be Liverpool captain one day” [Video]
- Rant! Jamie Carragher claims Liverpool are “mentally & physically weak” after 3-1 loss [Video]
Contender for the most embarrassing moment of the year: Ki Sung Yueng performs a initiation song at Swansea
South Korean international Ki Sung Yueng has done remarkably well to only have 1,800 people watch this video since it was recently uploaded only YouTube. On posting this article, however, one can expect that number to rise rapidly.
Back in August, 23-year-old Ki Sung Yueng moved from Celtic to Swansea, agreeing a 5-year deal at the Liberty Stadium.
When new signings arrive at clubs across the world, it is often customary to see their new teammates put them through some hazing ritual. Ki’s transfer to Wales was no different, and the Asian midfielder was forced to get up on stage an sing a song in front of his new peers.
Ki opted to sign a song in his native Korean, delivering a soft, gentle ballad which seemed to create an awkward tension amongst the watching Swansea players.
Perhaps the funniest part of the clip, though, was Ki’s choice of a microphone, as his delivered his solo number using a silver spoon as a fake mic.
Watch Ki Sung Yueng’s initiation at Swansea below.
(Related Link: Scott Wootton and Robbie Brady sing “Ain’t No Sunshine” at their Manchester United initiation, August 2012)
- Updated: September 28, 2012