- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Contender for the most embarrassing moment of the year: Ki Sung Yueng performs a initiation song at Swansea
South Korean international Ki Sung Yueng has done remarkably well to only have 1,800 people watch this video since it was recently uploaded only YouTube. On posting this article, however, one can expect that number to rise rapidly.
Back in August, 23-year-old Ki Sung Yueng moved from Celtic to Swansea, agreeing a 5-year deal at the Liberty Stadium.
When new signings arrive at clubs across the world, it is often customary to see their new teammates put them through some hazing ritual. Ki’s transfer to Wales was no different, and the Asian midfielder was forced to get up on stage an sing a song in front of his new peers.
Ki opted to sign a song in his native Korean, delivering a soft, gentle ballad which seemed to create an awkward tension amongst the watching Swansea players.
Perhaps the funniest part of the clip, though, was Ki’s choice of a microphone, as his delivered his solo number using a silver spoon as a fake mic.
Watch Ki Sung Yueng’s initiation at Swansea below.
(Related Link: Scott Wootton and Robbie Brady sing “Ain’t No Sunshine” at their Manchester United initiation, August 2012)
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="237146"]
- Updated: September 28, 2012