Contender for the most embarrassing moment of the year: Ki Sung Yueng performs a initiation song at Swansea
- September 28, 2012
South Korean international Ki Sung Yueng has done remarkably well to only have 1,800 people watch this video since it was recently uploaded only YouTube. On posting this article, however, one can expect that number to rise rapidly.
Back in August, 23-year-old Ki Sung Yueng moved from Celtic to Swansea, agreeing a 5-year deal at the Liberty Stadium.
When new signings arrive at clubs across the world, it is often customary to see their new teammates put them through some hazing ritual. Ki’s transfer to Wales was no different, and the Asian midfielder was forced to get up on stage an sing a song in front of his new peers.
Ki opted to sign a song in his native Korean, delivering a soft, gentle ballad which seemed to create an awkward tension amongst the watching Swansea players.
Perhaps the funniest part of the clip, though, was Ki’s choice of a microphone, as his delivered his solo number using a silver spoon as a fake mic.
Watch Ki Sung Yueng’s initiation at Swansea below.
(Related Link: Scott Wootton and Robbie Brady sing “Ain’t No Sunshine” at their Manchester United initiation, August 2012)
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”237146″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...