Confused Thiago Silva votes Messi, Zlatan, Ronaldo for Ballon d’Or, doesn’t realise he can choose Neymar
- November 19, 2013
Expect plenty of international captains and managers, as well as journalists to be asked in the coming weeks about who they voted for to win the 2013 Ballon d’Or.
After all, even if they don’t make known their choices, the voting is publicised after the winner is announced in January 2014.
Globoesporte held a lengthy interview with Brazil captain Thiago Silva, discussing a number of subjects with the PSG defender, including at the end, who he voted for in the Ballon d’Or.
Silva answered: “It was a pity that I could not vote for Brazilians. Neymar would be first and I would have put myself second. Instead, I voted for Messi as first, second Ibra due to all the goals he has scored, and Cristiano Ronaldo in third. He did not win any titles last year. They are all great players and any one of them could be there as the winner.”
Now, whilst you cannot vote for yourself, Silva could have voted for Neymar as plumping for compatriots is allowed by FIFA.
Meanwhile, Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has also told press in South Africa, that he voted for Xavi and Andres Iniesta as his first two but would not reveal who he chose in third place.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...