- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Confused Thiago Silva votes Messi, Zlatan, Ronaldo for Ballon d’Or, doesn’t realise he can choose Neymar
Expect plenty of international captains and managers, as well as journalists to be asked in the coming weeks about who they voted for to win the 2013 Ballon d’Or.
After all, even if they don’t make known their choices, the voting is publicised after the winner is announced in January 2014.
Globoesporte held a lengthy interview with Brazil captain Thiago Silva, discussing a number of subjects with the PSG defender, including at the end, who he voted for in the Ballon d’Or.
Silva answered: “It was a pity that I could not vote for Brazilians. Neymar would be first and I would have put myself second. Instead, I voted for Messi as first, second Ibra due to all the goals he has scored, and Cristiano Ronaldo in third. He did not win any titles last year. They are all great players and any one of them could be there as the winner.”
Now, whilst you cannot vote for yourself, Silva could have voted for Neymar as plumping for compatriots is allowed by FIFA.
Meanwhile, Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has also told press in South Africa, that he voted for Xavi and Andres Iniesta as his first two but would not reveal who he chose in third place.
- Updated: November 19, 2013