- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Competition: Win the new Uruguay Confederations Cup shirt!
PUMA this week unveiled a special kit for the Uruguayan national football team, to be worn by ‘La Celeste’ during the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil this summer, and we’ve got one of the brand new shirts to give away. The design pays tribute to the legendary Uruguayan team that triumphed at the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris, beating Switzerland in the final to win Gold. In this pre-World Cup era, an Olympic Gold medal was the most cherished prize in world football.
Inspired by the look of the 1924 shirt, the new Uruguay Confederations Cup shirt features a striking optical lacing on the neck that offers a unique style. Whilst maintaining the classic feel, the shirt features an enhanced moisture management through materials that provide a superior level of comfort and performance. The new kit was designed in the classic colours of the Uruguayan flag light blue and white; additional details are both the embroidered AUF crest and PUMA branding on the left side of the chest as well as on the cuffs.
The replica version of the new shirt is made from 100% recycled polyester, which is a new technical achievement and represents a further step in the Sportlifestyle brand’s sustainability strategy.
Christian Voigt, Senior Head of Global Sports Marketing at PUMA commented, “The Uruguayan national team have a rich heritage in world football, and we wanted to acknowledge this through the design of their Confederations Cup kit. An Olympic Gold medal in that era of football was a special triumph, and it is a fitting inspiration for this kit. We were very proud of Uruguay when they won the Copa America two years ago and we wish them the best of luck for the upcoming Confederations Cup in Brazil.”
To win this fantastic shirt, just answer this question:
The new Uruguay shirt is designed to commemorate Uruguay’s gold medal in which Olympics?
a) Paris, 1924
b) Barcelona, 1992
c) London, 2012
Send your answer to email@example.com – competition ends at midnight GMT, Sunday, April 7, 2013.
For more information on the new Uruguay 2013 Confederations Cup kit and PUMA’s other international teams and players please go to: www.puma.com/football
Terms & Conditions
1. All entries must be received by midnight GMT, Sunday, April 7, 2013.
2. Competition is open to UK residents only
3. One entry per household. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified
4. Shirts are available in adult men’s sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. Winners will be contacted directly by PUMA® to confirm sizes
5. There is no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is non-refundable and non transferable
6. PUMA® will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond PUMA®’s reasonable control.
7. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by PUMA® for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow PUMA® to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
8. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- Updated: April 5, 2013