Committed Yaya Toure ‘disappointed’ with speculation about him leaving Manchester City [SSN]
- July 18, 2014
Yaya Toure has said that he is disappointed by speculation linking him away from Manchester City in an interview with Sky Sports News.
Toure has been rumoured to be unhappy at the club after several incidents this summer which involved him and his agent speaking out against City.
But the Ivorian midfielder said that he intends to honour his contract and stay at the club at least until it expires in 2017: “The fans have always been good to me, they’ve always been good to my family. I want to stay. I will always honour my contract. I don’t think about all this speculation. It’s a big pleasure to stay and enjoy the next season.
Everything is fine now. There was a lot of speculation. I think sometimes it’s quite disappointing. I need to do something for the fans, it’s important to let them know. They’ve done a lot for me. The team is preparing well and we will try to win again next season.”
We’re not saying that Yaya isn’t a man of his word but we have a feeling there is more mileage on this story. Stay tuned.
- Watch highlights of Raheem Sterling’s excellent performance for Man City v Vietna...
- Raheem Sterling bags a brilliant brace in 8-1 Man City win v Vietnam XI (Highlights)
- Raheem Sterling scored a first-time out of the box curler for Man City v Vietnam XI (Vi...
- Vietnamese fan burns 10 tickets to Man City game due to players attitudes (Video)
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Manchester City at end of next season [beIN SP...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi