Columbus Crew-FC Dallas features a headed goal from outside the box & an overhead kick to the throat
- May 13, 2012
David Beckham is not the only MLS player that can provide viral videos, the Columbus Crew-FC Dallas encounter also threw up a couple of great clips.
Both came in the second half as the Columbus Crew came back from 1-0 down at home to see off Dallas 2-1.
Early into the second period, a left wing cross was floated in and headed across goal for Justin Meram to attempt a bicycle kick on goal.
Meram however, didn’t connect with the ball but rather smacked FC Dallas defender Hernan Perutz in the throat for a classic “Ouch!” moment.
The second half pressure from Columbus eventually told on 72 minutes as they scored a quality winner, with a rare headed goal from outside the box.
Nemanja Vukovic floated a corner to the edge of the area and Sebastian Miranda (pictured) placed a delightful header into the corner.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi