- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
- What. A. Hit! Nicolás Colazo (Boca Juniors) v Vélez Sarsfield
Colombia star Radamel Falcao could be fit for the World Cup, according to his surgeon [Quotes]
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao injured knee ligaments during the new year and was considered to be out injured for the World Cup.
Speaking to a Portuguese radio station, Falcao’s surgeon gave the Colombian star hope of playing.
He said, “If the magnetic resonance imaging shows a darker aspect of the new ligament and an absence of inflammatory process around it, we will be able to let Falcao go on the pitch at the end of week 12.
“He could then resume jogging without big changing of direction or rough acceleration.
“Then, from the fourth month, he could be completely ready to play on the pitch, so would be ready for June 14 [Colombia's opening World Cup match with Greece].”
It would certainly be a risk, but his inclusion would definitely boost Colombia’s hopes of going far.
- Updated: March 26, 2014