Colombia star Radamel Falcao could be fit for the World Cup, according to his surgeon [Quotes]
- March 26, 2014
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao injured knee ligaments during the new year and was considered to be out injured for the World Cup.
Speaking to a Portuguese radio station, Falcao’s surgeon gave the Colombian star hope of playing.
He said, “If the magnetic resonance imaging shows a darker aspect of the new ligament and an absence of inflammatory process around it, we will be able to let Falcao go on the pitch at the end of week 12.
“He could then resume jogging without big changing of direction or rough acceleration.
“Then, from the fourth month, he could be completely ready to play on the pitch, so would be ready for June 14 [Colombia’s opening World Cup match with Greece].”
It would certainly be a risk, but his inclusion would definitely boost Colombia’s hopes of going far.
- Lionel Messi shows why he’s the world’s best dribbler versus Colombia [GIF]
- Argentina v Colombia: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- James Rodriguez shows his class again to another young Colombia fan [video]
- Colombia 0 – Peru 0: Stalemate sends both nations into the quarterfinals [Officia...
- Chelsea fans urge Mourinho to veto Radamel Falcao deal after awful Colombia display [Be...
- Colombia & Real Madrid star James “Control Freak” Rodriguez features i...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi