Colombia star Radamel Falcao could be fit for the World Cup, according to his surgeon [Quotes]
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao injured knee ligaments during the new year and was considered to be out injured for the World Cup.
Speaking to a Portuguese radio station, Falcao’s surgeon gave the Colombian star hope of playing.
He said, “If the magnetic resonance imaging shows a darker aspect of the new ligament and an absence of inflammatory process around it, we will be able to let Falcao go on the pitch at the end of week 12.
“He could then resume jogging without big changing of direction or rough acceleration.
“Then, from the fourth month, he could be completely ready to play on the pitch, so would be ready for June 14 [Colombia’s opening World Cup match with Greece].”
It would certainly be a risk, but his inclusion would definitely boost Colombia’s hopes of going far.
Watch Live Stream
- Colombian international Diego Osorio arrested at airport with 1.145kg of cocaineOctober 14, 2016
- Mother of James Rodriguez shares sick death threats sent to Real Madrid starOctober 9, 2016
- Brazil v Colombia: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-07August 31, 2016
- Neymar scores a free-kick & starts a fight in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Colombia (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Monaco’s Djibril Sidibe reveals why he rejected a move to Arsenal [Le Parisien]October 10, 2016
- Leonardo Jardim: Arsenal insight helped in Spurs win [L’Equipe]September 15, 2016
- Tottenham v Monaco: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 13, 2016
- Man United target Fabinho scores a thunderba***** in 4-1 Monaco win (Video)September 12, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao scored yet again for Monaco today (Video)July 19, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao continues his excellent pre-season (Official Videos)July 14, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao scores on his return in a friendly (Official Video)July 2, 2016
- Chelsea confirm three departures, including Alexandre PatoJuly 1, 2016