Colombia star Radamel Falcao could be fit for the World Cup, according to his surgeon [Quotes]
- March 26, 2014
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao injured knee ligaments during the new year and was considered to be out injured for the World Cup.
Speaking to a Portuguese radio station, Falcao’s surgeon gave the Colombian star hope of playing.
He said, “If the magnetic resonance imaging shows a darker aspect of the new ligament and an absence of inflammatory process around it, we will be able to let Falcao go on the pitch at the end of week 12.
“He could then resume jogging without big changing of direction or rough acceleration.
“Then, from the fourth month, he could be completely ready to play on the pitch, so would be ready for June 14 [Colombia’s opening World Cup match with Greece].”
It would certainly be a risk, but his inclusion would definitely boost Colombia’s hopes of going far.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...