Colombia 2 – Ivory Coast 1: The best Tweets on another great game at this World Cup
We are really being spoilt here!
The World Cup threw up another brilliant game of football on Thursday as Colombia defeated Ivory Coast 2-1 in Brasilia.
After a goalless first half, the game came to life just after the hour as Colombia scored goals through James Rodriguez and Juan Quintero.
Ivory Coast pulled one back, a glorious solo effort from Gervinho and the final minutes were as frantic as you like.
Colombia take charge of Group C with two wins from two.
Ivory Coast will have to hold their nerve against Greece int he final game.
Perhaps they will start Didier Drogba from the start in their next match?
Juan Quintero (21 years and 152 days old) is the second youngest Colombian to score in a World Cup, after Leider Preciado (21-116)
— MisterChip (English) (@MisterChiping) June 19, 2014
— Infostrada Sports (@InfostradaLive) June 19, 2014
— Gary Al-Smith (@garyalsmith) June 19, 2014
2 – Colombia have won more than one game at a World Cup tournament for the first time. Progress. #COL
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) June 19, 2014
LOS CAFETEROS! Colombia are dancing after defeating Ivory Coast 2-1 in a thrilling end-to-end match. pic.twitter.com/nFK3oMFmLB
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) June 19, 2014
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) June 19, 2014
Imagine this Colombia team with Falcao…
— Footy Humour (@FootyHumour) June 19, 2014
Serey Die's father passed away 2 hours before the game & still played. Upmost respect. pic.twitter.com/5PudiTDyP1
— John Murphy (@Murf31John) June 19, 2014
— BBC Radio 5 live (@bbc5live) June 19, 2014
Colombian DirecTV interviewer: 'There was drama, excitement…' Pekerman: 'That's what the World Cup is about! We want to get used to this.'
— Sam Kelly (@HEGS_com) June 19, 2014
— ArgFan (@JulioGugui) June 19, 2014
I understand that rumours about Howard Webb asking FIFA for two cans – to spray two-handed – are untrue
— Raphael Honigstein (@honigstein) June 19, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Colombian international Diego Osorio arrested at airport with 1.145kg of cocaineOctober 14, 2016
- Mother of James Rodriguez shares sick death threats sent to Real Madrid starOctober 9, 2016
- Brazil v Colombia: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-07August 31, 2016
- Neymar scores a free-kick & starts a fight in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Colombia (Videos)August 14, 2016
- PSG defender Serge Aurier investigated by FIFA for ‘throat slit’ gesture [BBC]October 13, 2016
- Incredible: Ivory Coast defender Serge Aurier saved the life of Mali’s Moussa Doumbia (Video)October 12, 2016
- PSG bad boy Serge Aurier performs a ‘slit the throat’ gesture after an Ivory Coast goalOctober 9, 2016
- Man City’s Yaya Toure pens statement announcing retirement from international footballSeptember 20, 2016