- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Cologne fans name their baby Lukas Podolski in honour of the Arsenal star [Facebook]
It’s been a busy week for Lukas Podolski and his former club FC Cologne.
On Monday night the Arsenal forward was present in Germany to watch his beloved club gain promotion back to the Bundesliga.
Podolski remains a massive FC Köln fan after starting his career at the club. In total Podolski has had two spells at Cologne, having played over a 170 times for the club scoring 79 goals.
The love works between the German club and the footballer works both ways, however, and that’s been proven as the Arsenal forward has updated his Facebook page to announce that a brand newbaby boy, born to Cologne supporting parents, has been named “Lukas Poldi”.
Podolski wrote: “Such stories are only possible in football…thats little Lukas Poldi. His parents are fans and gave him my name. I think this is a great story!”
- Updated: April 24, 2014