Cologne fans name their baby Lukas Podolski in honour of the Arsenal star [Facebook]
- April 24, 2014
It’s been a busy week for Lukas Podolski and his former club FC Cologne.
On Monday night the Arsenal forward was present in Germany to watch his beloved club gain promotion back to the Bundesliga.
Podolski remains a massive FC Köln fan after starting his career at the club. In total Podolski has had two spells at Cologne, having played over a 170 times for the club scoring 79 goals.
The love works between the German club and the footballer works both ways, however, and that’s been proven as the Arsenal forward has updated his Facebook page to announce that a brand newbaby boy, born to Cologne supporting parents, has been named “Lukas Poldi”.
Podolski wrote: “Such stories are only possible in football…thats little Lukas Poldi. His parents are fans and gave him my name. I think this is a great story!”
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...