Cologne fans name their baby Lukas Podolski in honour of the Arsenal star [Facebook]
- April 24, 2014
It’s been a busy week for Lukas Podolski and his former club FC Cologne.
On Monday night the Arsenal forward was present in Germany to watch his beloved club gain promotion back to the Bundesliga.
Podolski remains a massive FC Köln fan after starting his career at the club. In total Podolski has had two spells at Cologne, having played over a 170 times for the club scoring 79 goals.
The love works between the German club and the footballer works both ways, however, and that’s been proven as the Arsenal forward has updated his Facebook page to announce that a brand newbaby boy, born to Cologne supporting parents, has been named “Lukas Poldi”.
Podolski wrote: “Such stories are only possible in football…thats little Lukas Poldi. His parents are fans and gave him my name. I think this is a great story!”
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...