- Yaya Sanogo dedicates Arsenal goal v Dortmund to “you Gooners!!!”
- Sao Paulo missed 3 penalties in shoot-out v Atletico Nacional: Only keeper Rogerio Ceni scored!
- Arsenal fan wants Arsene Wenger out despite impressive 2-0 win over Dortmund [Video]
- Spooky! ‘Ghost’ spotted running pitchside during Racing v River Plate [Video]
- Arsenal fan Claude post Dortmund win: “Watching Alexis Sanchez is better than sex” [Video]
Cologne fans name their baby Lukas Podolski in honour of the Arsenal star [Facebook]
It’s been a busy week for Lukas Podolski and his former club FC Cologne.
On Monday night the Arsenal forward was present in Germany to watch his beloved club gain promotion back to the Bundesliga.
Podolski remains a massive FC Köln fan after starting his career at the club. In total Podolski has had two spells at Cologne, having played over a 170 times for the club scoring 79 goals.
The love works between the German club and the footballer works both ways, however, and that’s been proven as the Arsenal forward has updated his Facebook page to announce that a brand newbaby boy, born to Cologne supporting parents, has been named “Lukas Poldi”.
Podolski wrote: “Such stories are only possible in football…thats little Lukas Poldi. His parents are fans and gave him my name. I think this is a great story!”
- Updated: April 24, 2014