Cologne fans name their baby Lukas Podolski in honour of the Arsenal star [Facebook]
- April 24, 2014
It’s been a busy week for Lukas Podolski and his former club FC Cologne.
On Monday night the Arsenal forward was present in Germany to watch his beloved club gain promotion back to the Bundesliga.
Podolski remains a massive FC Köln fan after starting his career at the club. In total Podolski has had two spells at Cologne, having played over a 170 times for the club scoring 79 goals.
The love works between the German club and the footballer works both ways, however, and that’s been proven as the Arsenal forward has updated his Facebook page to announce that a brand newbaby boy, born to Cologne supporting parents, has been named “Lukas Poldi”.
Podolski wrote: “Such stories are only possible in football…thats little Lukas Poldi. His parents are fans and gave him my name. I think this is a great story!”
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Chelsea fan tells Arsenal to enjoy Community Shield, last trophy they’ll win for ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi