Class! Mesut Ozil supports surgery of another 12 kids after Germany WC victory
- July 17, 2014
In March, Mesut Ozil announced he would be paying for the surgeries of 11 children in Brazil ahead of the World Cup.
On the video below, the Arsenal playmaker announced: “Let’s go people! Let’s move it together in Brazil. Let’s set an example. I’m taking care of eleven surgeries. The most beautiful team of eleven ever. Together we can help many more children, thank you for your help”.
On Wednesday, Ozil increased this number from 11 to 23 with the message above on Facebook that reads:
“dear fans, prior to the #WorldCup I supported the surgery of eleven sick children. since the victory of the #WorldCup is not only due to eleven players but to our whole team, I will now raise the number to 23. this is my personal thank-you for the hospitality of the people of Brazil.”
All in all, pretty impressive stuff from Arsenal’s record signing!
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi