Clarence Seedorf tipped to play 4-3-1-2 at AC Milan [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- January 15, 2014
After a hugely successful, seemingly endless, playing career there is plenty of excitement surrounding the appointment of Clarence Seedorf as the new AC Milan coach.
But, as a coach with no previous experience there is plenty of guesswork going on about what formation Seedorf will employ at the Rossoneri.
Clarence Seedorf is expected at the San Siro this evening for the Coppa Italia clash with Spezia and will formally take charge when AC Milan play Verona in Serie A on Sunday.
Gazzetta dello Sport attempted to work out Seedorf’s likely tactical formation and suggest it will be a 4-3-1-2 with the former Dutch playmaker taking his inspiration from Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti.
Seedorf is fortunate to already have in place an excellent “trequartista” in Keisuke Honda and a fine support striker in Kaka.
Judging by the graphic below though, the Rossoneri will need a fair amount of investment (or young players) to replace the currently likely starting defence and midfield.
Gazzetta tip Seedorf to move for Chelsea’s Michael Essien in the January transfer window and his former Botafogo team mate Doria, a defender, in the summer.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...