Clarence Seedorf tipped to play 4-3-1-2 at AC Milan [Gazzetta dello Sport]
After a hugely successful, seemingly endless, playing career there is plenty of excitement surrounding the appointment of Clarence Seedorf as the new AC Milan coach.
But, as a coach with no previous experience there is plenty of guesswork going on about what formation Seedorf will employ at the Rossoneri.
Clarence Seedorf is expected at the San Siro this evening for the Coppa Italia clash with Spezia and will formally take charge when AC Milan play Verona in Serie A on Sunday.
Gazzetta dello Sport attempted to work out Seedorf’s likely tactical formation and suggest it will be a 4-3-1-2 with the former Dutch playmaker taking his inspiration from Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti.
Seedorf is fortunate to already have in place an excellent “trequartista” in Keisuke Honda and a fine support striker in Kaka.
Judging by the graphic below though, the Rossoneri will need a fair amount of investment (or young players) to replace the currently likely starting defence and midfield.
Gazzetta tip Seedorf to move for Chelsea’s Michael Essien in the January transfer window and his former Botafogo team mate Doria, a defender, in the summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea to submit €35m offer to AC Milan for Alessio Romagnoli on Wednesday [Di Marzio]August 23, 2016
- AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma (17) makes last-minute penalty save to secure win (Video)August 23, 2016
- Chelsea make an offer for an AC Milan defender [Di Marzio]August 22, 2016
- Gigi Donnrumma saves last-minute penalty to win game for AC Milan v Torino (Videos)August 21, 2016
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]April 21, 2015
- Kaka: “It was a pleasure to work with Seedorf but good luck to Inzaghi” [Football Italia]July 7, 2014
- Seedorf, Henry & Ferdinand analyse Holland 3 – Australia 2June 19, 2014
- Ruthless finish! Clarence Seedorf opens scoring in Soccer Aid match with rocket [Video]June 8, 2014