Clarence Seedorf tipped to play 4-3-1-2 at AC Milan [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- January 15, 2014
After a hugely successful, seemingly endless, playing career there is plenty of excitement surrounding the appointment of Clarence Seedorf as the new AC Milan coach.
But, as a coach with no previous experience there is plenty of guesswork going on about what formation Seedorf will employ at the Rossoneri.
Clarence Seedorf is expected at the San Siro this evening for the Coppa Italia clash with Spezia and will formally take charge when AC Milan play Verona in Serie A on Sunday.
Gazzetta dello Sport attempted to work out Seedorf’s likely tactical formation and suggest it will be a 4-3-1-2 with the former Dutch playmaker taking his inspiration from Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti.
Seedorf is fortunate to already have in place an excellent “trequartista” in Keisuke Honda and a fine support striker in Kaka.
Judging by the graphic below though, the Rossoneri will need a fair amount of investment (or young players) to replace the currently likely starting defence and midfield.
Gazzetta tip Seedorf to move for Chelsea’s Michael Essien in the January transfer window and his former Botafogo team mate Doria, a defender, in the summer.
- Huge Coup: Malaga sign wonderkid Hachim Mastour on two-year loan from AC Milan
- AC Milan 2 – Empoli 1: Newbies Carlos Bacca & Luiz Adriano open their Milan ...
- AC Milan (Mexes) beat Manchester United (Ashley Young) in 2 v 2 Adidas Skills game (Video)
- Mario Balotelli on what went wrong at Liverpool & conduct at AC Milan in extensive...
- AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli writes farewell post to Liverpool fans on Facebook
- The best goals from Serie A matchday 1 including a Stevan Jovetic golazo (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...