Clarence Seedorf takes over as AC Milan coach – the best of the Twitter reaction
- January 14, 2014
“I am retiring from football after 22 years. My aim is to dream again. This experience at Botafogo has helped me grow a lot and will no doubt help me in my next step as coach of AC Milan. I wish Botafogo and my team-mates the best.” – Clarence Seedorf.
With AC Milan a whopping 30 points behind Juventus and having lost to Sassuolo on Sunday, the Rossoneri have appointed Clarence Seedorf to replace Massimiliano Allegri.
It seemed pretty clear yesterday that Seedorf was the man to take over at the Rossoneri despite suggestions on Monday that Pippo Inzaghi would be the ex-player to bring AC Milan onside…
The 37-year-old had an excellent playing career – most notably with 4 Champions League trophies with 4 different sides.
But, latterly, Seedorf has also been brilliant for Botafogo and has appeared to show that he has a “football brain” on the pitch throughout a long and storied career.
Seedorf becomes the first Dutch coach ever in Serie A and will likely arrive for the Coppa Italia clash with Spezia at the San Siro tomorrow.
As proof of Seedorf’s standing in the game, the Dutch legend was trending on Twitter after he announced in Brazil that he would be taking over at AC Milan.
Best of the Tweets are below.
— utsav roy (@acmilan77051) January 14, 2014
Seedorf back to Milan sees him reunited with Nigel de Jong. Never played together but met at Ajax way back. Great pic pic.twitter.com/IXHWRDKhs9
— Stefan Coerts (@StefanCoerts) January 14, 2014
Clarence Seedorf & Luis Garcia both retired today. They both played in the Champions League final of 2005.
— Empire of the Kop (@empireofthekop) January 14, 2014
Clarence Seedorf announced as new AC Milan manager… pic.twitter.com/qI43CRHdLL
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) January 14, 2014
Clarence Seedorf has become the first black manager solely responsible of a Serie A club.
— Uber Sports Fact (@UberSportsFact) January 14, 2014
Clarence Seedorf has announced he's the new #Milan coach. Milan haven't.
— Matt Barker (@matthew_barker) January 14, 2014
— FORZA MILAN! (@Altaqui) January 14, 2014
Clarence Seedorf is the new AC Milan's manager. An iconic player but no managerial experience or even a UEFA Pro license. Sink or swim time.
— Nikolas Postinger (@nikpostinger) January 14, 2014
Clarence Seedorf announcing his retirement on Brazilian television. Huge loss for Botafogo and Brazilian football as a whole.
— Jack Lang (@snap_kaka_pop) January 14, 2014
Gut reaction to AC Milan appointing Clarence Seedorf? It just feels like an excellent thing to happen. Good luck to him with a huge task.
— Amy Lawrence (@amylawrence71) January 13, 2014
- Hachim Mastour scores glorious free kick golazo for AC Milan U19s (Video)
- Real Madrid’s Isco produced a magic moment v Milan, Ronaldo approved (Video)
- Toni Kroos has penalty saved by AC Milan’s 16-year old keeper Gianluigi Donnarumm...
- Part 2: AC Milan’s Hachim Mastour takes on freestyler Séan Garnier in 1v1 match (...
- Real Madrid v AC Milan: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Former AC Milan teammates Andrea Pirlo & Kaka’ reunited in MLS (Vine)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi