- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
Circular logic at play as Real Madrid are tipped to offer €41m for Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Marca & Mirror]
- June 17, 2014
A new transfer rumour is doing the rounds on Tuesday Real Madrid are said to be ready to offer €42m for Man United’s Adnan Januzaj.
The story is promulgated both in England and in Spain, with the Mirror and Marca championing the rumour on their websites.
Interestingly, though, both news outlets are pointing the finger at each other as the apparent reliable source of the story, which in turn leaves observers left to think the whole story is a fiction.
Spanish newspaper Marca report that Real Madrid are keen on Adnan Januzaj and are prepared to spend big to get him… Such is their admiration for the fleet-footed winger they could offer as much as £33m for him, the paper report.
Over in Iberia, however, the headline story in Marca reads “The Mirror place Adnan Januzaj in the orbit of Real Madrid”.
Converting pounds to Euros, Marca say Real will offer Man United €41m for the Belgian starlet, however they also report that “the problem now is that van Gaal considers [Januzaj] a cornerstone of his project at United”, so they believe the Red Devils will turn down any approach for the teenager.