Circular logic at play as Real Madrid are tipped to offer €41m for Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Marca & Mirror]
- June 17, 2014
A new transfer rumour is doing the rounds on Tuesday Real Madrid are said to be ready to offer €42m for Man United’s Adnan Januzaj.
The story is promulgated both in England and in Spain, with the Mirror and Marca championing the rumour on their websites.
Interestingly, though, both news outlets are pointing the finger at each other as the apparent reliable source of the story, which in turn leaves observers left to think the whole story is a fiction.
Spanish newspaper Marca report that Real Madrid are keen on Adnan Januzaj and are prepared to spend big to get him… Such is their admiration for the fleet-footed winger they could offer as much as £33m for him, the paper report.
Over in Iberia, however, the headline story in Marca reads “The Mirror place Adnan Januzaj in the orbit of Real Madrid”.
Converting pounds to Euros, Marca say Real will offer Man United €41m for the Belgian starlet, however they also report that “the problem now is that van Gaal considers [Januzaj] a cornerstone of his project at United”, so they believe the Red Devils will turn down any approach for the teenager.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...