Christoph Kramer to Nicola Rizzoli: “Referee, is this the World Cup final?”
Earlier this week we reported how Germany midfielder Christoph Kramer was so concussed during the World Cup final that he completely forgot the first half.
Kramer was a late addition to the Germany starting XI when Sami Khedira pulled out injured in the warm-up.
But, an elbow from Ezequiel Garay left Kramer in a poor state and he collapsed ten minutes after the collision before eventually being replaced by Andre Schurrle.
Today, World Cup final referee Nicola Rizzoli has revealed that he also ordered Kramer off the pitch, when the Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder asked him: “Referee, is this the World Cup final?”
Rizzoli: “Shortly after the Garay collision, Kramer came to me and asked if this was the World Cup final.”
The official goes on to say that he thought Kramer was joking.
“I went to Schweinsteiger, and instructed him to have Kramer replaced,” added Rizzoli.
The Italian ref also revealed that after the game, Kramer came up to Rizzoli and thanked him for ordering that he be substituted.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool can soon sign Gladbach’s Mahmoud Dahoud for an incredibly cheap price [Bild]August 10, 2016
- Mahmoud Dahoud drops a hint on Instagram linking him to LiverpoolJuly 3, 2016
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25, 2016
- Granit Xhaka pictured in Arsenal kit after completing signing from MonchengladbachMay 21, 2016
- Germany’s Robert Bauer apologises for trolling Brazil after losing at the OlympicsAugust 21, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski retires from German National Team, teammates pay tribute [Tweets]August 15, 2016
- Thierry Henry-esque: Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scores yet again as Germany win 4-0 (Video)August 13, 2016
- Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scored twice for Germany in a 10-0 win v Fiji (Video)August 11, 2016