Christoph Kramer to Nicola Rizzoli: “Referee, is this the World Cup final?”
Earlier this week we reported how Germany midfielder Christoph Kramer was so concussed during the World Cup final that he completely forgot the first half.
Kramer was a late addition to the Germany starting XI when Sami Khedira pulled out injured in the warm-up.
But, an elbow from Ezequiel Garay left Kramer in a poor state and he collapsed ten minutes after the collision before eventually being replaced by Andre Schurrle.
Today, World Cup final referee Nicola Rizzoli has revealed that he also ordered Kramer off the pitch, when the Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder asked him: “Referee, is this the World Cup final?”
Rizzoli: “Shortly after the Garay collision, Kramer came to me and asked if this was the World Cup final.”
The official goes on to say that he thought Kramer was joking.
“I went to Schweinsteiger, and instructed him to have Kramer replaced,” added Rizzoli.
The Italian ref also revealed that after the game, Kramer came up to Rizzoli and thanked him for ordering that he be substituted.
Watch Live Stream
- Ball Boy vs Bundesliga stars including Lewandowski and Ribery (Video)November 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s endless efforts to sign Mahmoud Dahoud may fail as Dortmund enter the mix [Bild]November 14, 2016
- Thorgan Hazard questions Chelsea’s handling of youngsters [Nieuwsblad]November 13, 2016
- Chelsea’s January priority is to re-sign midfielder they let go last year.November 2, 2016
- Gigi Buffon’s perfect reaction when Italy fans booed the German anthem (Video)November 16, 2016
- Thomas Muller continues his feud v San Marino on FacebookNovember 16, 2016
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen responds to racist tweet about Barcelona teammate Samuel UmtitiNovember 15, 2016
- Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi pulls off brilliant touch in Germany training (video)November 15, 2016