Chris Waddle does an Andre Marriner repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Young with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole
Andre Marriner isn’t the only person in football to have embarrassingly mixed up two black footballers in the past few days.
A week after the referee wrongly sent off Arsenal’s Kieran Gibbs instead of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain during Chelsea’s 6-0 win at Stamford Bridge, international TV viewers of Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Aston Villa spotted another poor case of mistaken identity.
Former England international and legendary left-winger Chris Waddle was working as a co-commentator at Old Trafford for United’s win over Paul Lambert’s men, when the talking-head repeatedly mixed up Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole.
In one moment of commentary in the 63rd minute of the match, Chris Waddle managed to call Ashley Young “Ashley Cole” three times in less than 15 seconds.
See how Chris Waddle pulled an Andre Marriner by repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole below.
- Roma crop poor Ashley Cole out of Mo Salah picture
- Ashley Cole plays awesome keepy-ups with Roma wunderkid Pietro Tomaselli (Video)
- Chelsea legend Ashley Cole makes horrendous mistake to gift Man City a goal [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s best chance against AS Roma foiled by old nemesis Ashley Cole [Video]
- Man United’s Ashley Young admits he no longer knows what position he plays in (Video)
- Man United fans complain about hypocrisy over diving Ashley Young v City’s Raheem Sterling ...
- Liverpool legend Phil Thompson trolls Man United’s Ashley Young on Sky Sports (Video)
- Man United legend Roy Keane absolutely destroys Ashley Young for diving (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)