- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Chris Waddle does an Andre Marriner repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Young with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole
Andre Marriner isn’t the only person in football to have embarrassingly mixed up two black footballers in the past few days.
A week after the referee wrongly sent off Arsenal’s Kieran Gibbs instead of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain during Chelsea’s 6-0 win at Stamford Bridge, international TV viewers of Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Aston Villa spotted another poor case of mistaken identity.
Former England international and legendary left-winger Chris Waddle was working as a co-commentator at Old Trafford for United’s win over Paul Lambert’s men, when the talking-head repeatedly mixed up Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole.
In one moment of commentary in the 63rd minute of the match, Chris Waddle managed to call Ashley Young “Ashley Cole” three times in less than 15 seconds.
See how Chris Waddle pulled an Andre Marriner by repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole below.
- Updated: March 30, 2014