Chris Waddle does an Andre Marriner repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Young with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole
Andre Marriner isn’t the only person in football to have embarrassingly mixed up two black footballers in the past few days.
A week after the referee wrongly sent off Arsenal’s Kieran Gibbs instead of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain during Chelsea’s 6-0 win at Stamford Bridge, international TV viewers of Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Aston Villa spotted another poor case of mistaken identity.
Former England international and legendary left-winger Chris Waddle was working as a co-commentator at Old Trafford for United’s win over Paul Lambert’s men, when the talking-head repeatedly mixed up Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole.
In one moment of commentary in the 63rd minute of the match, Chris Waddle managed to call Ashley Young “Ashley Cole” three times in less than 15 seconds.
See how Chris Waddle pulled an Andre Marriner by repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole below.
- Ashley Cole plays awesome keepy-ups with Roma wunderkid Pietro Tomaselli (Video)
- Chelsea legend Ashley Cole makes horrendous mistake to gift Man City a goal [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s best chance against AS Roma foiled by old nemesis Ashley Cole...
- Ashley Cole pulls off audacious back-heel pass to De Sanctis against Real Madrid [Video]
- Young Man United fan hails Ashley Young as the difference in 3-1 win over Liverpool (Vi...
- AC Milan (Mexes) beat Manchester United (Ashley Young) in 2 v 2 Adidas Skills game (Video)
- Man United stars played football tennis at unveiling of new away shirts (video)
- Ashley Young agrees a new 3-year Man United contract [ESPN]