Chris Waddle does an Andre Marriner repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Young with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole
- March 30, 2014
Andre Marriner isn’t the only person in football to have embarrassingly mixed up two black footballers in the past few days.
A week after the referee wrongly sent off Arsenal’s Kieran Gibbs instead of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain during Chelsea’s 6-0 win at Stamford Bridge, international TV viewers of Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Aston Villa spotted another poor case of mistaken identity.
Former England international and legendary left-winger Chris Waddle was working as a co-commentator at Old Trafford for United’s win over Paul Lambert’s men, when the talking-head repeatedly mixed up Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole.
In one moment of commentary in the 63rd minute of the match, Chris Waddle managed to call Ashley Young “Ashley Cole” three times in less than 15 seconds.
See how Chris Waddle pulled an Andre Marriner by repeatedly mixing up Man United’s Ashley Cole with Chelsea’s Ashley Cole below.
- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole committed a horrible, late foul for AS Roma in Serie A [Video]
- Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love Ashley Cole, but he’s not gonna come to Palac...
- Chelsea fan tries to put Ashley Cole Christmas Tree in Arsenal Shop, it gets destroyed ...
- Chelsea United! Man City’s Frank Lampard & Roma’s Ashley Cole take a p...
- Seriously? England Twitter account features Ashley Cole (45 mins) & John Stones as...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi