Chiellini vs Cavani: “Stop crying” (Italy-Uruguay)
- November 18, 2011
Just before the final whistle on Tuesday night,Â UruguayanÂ and Napoli striker Edinson Cavani was involved in a fracas with Azzurri defenderÂ GiorgioÂ Chiellini.
The Juventus centre-half, looking to close down the Matador near the halfway line, managed to clip the South American striker as Cavani was releasing the ball to a teammate. But rather than taking the knock like a man, Cavani, who was aiming to close out his nation’s 1-nil win, reacted like an extra in Platoon.
As if his foot had been blown off, Cavani rolled on the floor like a crazed maniac in a two-pronged programme of time-wasting combined with forcing a booking on his opponent.
ButÂ Chiellini didn’tÂ appreciateÂ Cavani’s antics one bit.
UnrepentantÂ for his actions, after grounding the attackerÂ Chiellini then stood over his prey and goaded him to get back on his feet. Moreover, while gesturing for Cavani to get up, the Italian was spotted mouthing “You’re always crying, stop crying!”
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi