- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Chiellini vs Cavani: “Stop crying” (Italy-Uruguay)
Just before the final whistle on Tuesday night,Â UruguayanÂ and Napoli striker Edinson Cavani was involved in a fracas with Azzurri defenderÂ GiorgioÂ Chiellini.
The Juventus centre-half, looking to close down the Matador near the halfway line, managed to clip the South American striker as Cavani was releasing the ball to a teammate. But rather than taking the knock like a man, Cavani, who was aiming to close out his nation’s 1-nil win, reacted like an extra in Platoon.
As if his foot had been blown off, Cavani rolled on the floor like a crazed maniac in a two-pronged programme of time-wasting combined with forcing a booking on his opponent.
ButÂ Chiellini didn’tÂ appreciateÂ Cavani’s antics one bit.
UnrepentantÂ for his actions, after grounding the attackerÂ Chiellini then stood over his prey and goaded him to get back on his feet. Moreover, while gesturing for Cavani to get up, the Italian was spotted mouthing “You’re always crying, stop crying!”
- Updated: November 18, 2011