Chiellini vs Cavani: “Stop crying” (Italy-Uruguay)
- November 18, 2011
Just before the final whistle on Tuesday night,Â UruguayanÂ and Napoli striker Edinson Cavani was involved in a fracas with Azzurri defenderÂ GiorgioÂ Chiellini.
The Juventus centre-half, looking to close down the Matador near the halfway line, managed to clip the South American striker as Cavani was releasing the ball to a teammate. But rather than taking the knock like a man, Cavani, who was aiming to close out his nation’s 1-nil win, reacted like an extra in Platoon.
As if his foot had been blown off, Cavani rolled on the floor like a crazed maniac in a two-pronged programme of time-wasting combined with forcing a booking on his opponent.
ButÂ Chiellini didn’tÂ appreciateÂ Cavani’s antics one bit.
UnrepentantÂ for his actions, after grounding the attackerÂ Chiellini then stood over his prey and goaded him to get back on his feet. Moreover, while gesturing for Cavani to get up, the Italian was spotted mouthing “You’re always crying, stop crying!”
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...