Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois (Atletico Madrid loanee) reiterates stance that he must be Number 1 [Mirror]
- June 14, 2014
The imbroglio over Thibaut Courtois’ future shows no sign of clarity, at least until after the World Cup.
Questioned for the umpteenth time by the press from the Belgian World Cup camp, Courtois has reiterated his stance: that at this stage of his career, he needs guarantees to be Number 1, and can’t afford any more time benchwarming.
“When will I know about my future? It will be after the World Cup I think, then everything will be clear,: he said.
“I spoke to him (Mourinho) in May, before the game against Barcelona. In the week he discussed with me what he thinks about me and about everything. That is it.
“Do I want to number one wherever I play next season?
Yes, I think with my age and the performances I had I want to play. To be on the bench is not the nicest thing.’
Your move, Mourinho.
Via The Mirror
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka in negotiations with Atletico Madrid [Mundo Deportivo]
- Daniel Levy to fly to Madrid as Spurs close in on Atletico defender Toby Alderweireld [...
- Arda Turan’s agent denies that the midfielder had a medical at Man United
- Spurs are confident of signing Toby Alderweireld ahead of Southampton [London Evening S...
- Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan wants to join Chelsea in a £29m deal [Daily Mail]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi