Chelsea’s Samuel Eto’o blasted former coach Pep Guardiola for being a “coward” who did not respect him
- March 25, 2014
Apparently not everyone has kind words to say about former Barclona manager Pep Guardiola.
“The true story is that Pep didn’t respect the things in football,” said Samuel Eto’o in an interview with BeIN Sports, “Pep told me how to move like a striker. I told him: ‘You’re not normal!'”.
Eto’o, who played under Guardiola at Barcelona, insisted the current Bayern coach failed to speak directly with him, using teammates to relay messages, “He is a coward. Guardiola has never had the courage to say things in front of me. He passed by the players.”
During their joint campaign Eto’o scored 36 goals and helped Barca secure the treble in one of the club’s most successful seasons.
According to the current Chelsea striker, at the end of the season, he was approached by Barcelona’s captain Xavi who told him the club wants him to extend, but he needs to speak to Pep first, “I said never, if you don’t respect me, I don’t respect you,” recalled the 33 year old.
Despite rumoured tensions with his current manager Jose Mourinho, the Cameroonian international insisted their relationship is outstanding, “He becomes someone else in the build-up to matches. Like any human being, he sometimes loses his reason. He proved it sometimes, like when he did it with me, but he takes all the pressure on himself,” explained the striker.
Watch Eto’o’s interview with English voice over below:
[gthumb id=”414668″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016
- Leo Messi wins UEFA’s goal of the season for his golazo v Roma (Official Video)August 25, 2016
- Watch Jasper Cillessen’s first interview after his move from Ajax to Barcelona (Video)August 25, 2016
- Chelsea fans react angrily on Twitter to club’s announcement of goalkeeper EduardoAugust 25, 2016
- AC Milan confirm rejection of huge Chelsea offer for Alessio Romagnoli [Official Statement]August 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Supposedly a target for Arsenal & Chelsea, James Rodriguez is buying a house in Turin [EFE]August 25, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Wolves man Cameron Borthwick-Jackson reveals Jose Mourinho’s encouraging words (Video)August 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s treatment of Bastian Schweinsteiger will cost Manchester United a few £ millionAugust 21, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho explains how he reached out to ‘unloved’ Marouane FellainiAugust 20, 2016