- Man United’s Louis van Gaal on second-half vs. Spurs: “It was a struggle for life” [Graphic]
- Mauricio Pochettino “very pleased” with Spurs draw v Man United
- Louis Van Gaal says 1st half at Spurs was best Man United performance this season [Video]
- Sam Allardyce urges caution ahead West Ham v Arsenal [video]
- Hugo Lloris says Spurs were lucky in post match interview after Man United draw [Video]
Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku is Real Madrid’s 2nd striker option, if they can’t get Falcao [AS]
With Alvaro Morata leaving La Casa Blanca for Juventus, Real Madrid are suddenly a bit light up top, and are looking to bring in another striker for the new season.
AS claim that should Madrid fail to land their number 1 target Radamel Falcao, they will then move onto their next alternative: Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku.
With Madrid currently undergoing negotiations with Monaco for El Tigre, AS say that they are simultaneously monitoring Lukaku’s situation, who made it clear during the World Cup that he wants to leave Chelsea.
Ancelotti is a big admirer, though Real are turned off by Lukaku’s 30 million euro price tag, which they believe is disproportionate when compared with Falcao, who they are confident they can get for 33 million euros in 2015, while working to get him on loan for the coming season.
- Updated: July 26, 2014