- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
- Heads Up! Robbie Keane pings balls at the LA Galaxy buggy driver [Video]
- Serious Moves! Chelsea’s Didier Drogba performs Moonwalk-type dance in Ivory Coast [Video]
Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku is Real Madrid’s 2nd striker option, if they can’t get Falcao [AS]
With Alvaro Morata leaving La Casa Blanca for Juventus, Real Madrid are suddenly a bit light up top, and are looking to bring in another striker for the new season.
AS claim that should Madrid fail to land their number 1 target Radamel Falcao, they will then move onto their next alternative: Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku.
With Madrid currently undergoing negotiations with Monaco for El Tigre, AS say that they are simultaneously monitoring Lukaku’s situation, who made it clear during the World Cup that he wants to leave Chelsea.
Ancelotti is a big admirer, though Real are turned off by Lukaku’s 30 million euro price tag, which they believe is disproportionate when compared with Falcao, who they are confident they can get for 33 million euros in 2015, while working to get him on loan for the coming season.
- Updated: July 26, 2014