Chelsea’s Michael Essien passes medical at AC Milan, takes aim at the “haters”
- January 26, 2014
Just hours after rumours emerged that Michael Essien’s move from Chelsea to AC Milan was off, the Ghana midfielder moved quickly across his social media networks to inform supporters that he had indeed passed his Rossoneri medical.
An “Exclusive” in La Reppublica this morning claimed Essien had failed his AC Milan medical and in truth there wasn’t too much surprise.
After all, Essien has been plagued by injury in recent years and has not looked the same player as his swashbuckling Chelsea years.
At Real Madrid last season, and on the few times in 2013/2014 when he did play, Essien appeared to be slower and lacking the power of old.
But, he has passed the AC Milan medical and is Clarence Seedorf’s first signing at AC Milan which is impressive in itself.
- AC Milan complete signing of Shakhtar Donetsk striker Luiz Adriano for €8million [video]
- Done Deal: AC Milan confirm signing Carlos Bacca from Sevilla [Tweet]
- AC Milan pay AS Roma €20m for Andrea Bertolacci, despite him never playing for the Gial...
- Liverpool miss out on Carlos Bacca; AC Milan secure Sevilla striker [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- New AC Milan boss Sinisa Mihajlovic explains why he’s the best man for the job [V...
- Arsenal target Geoffrey Kondogbia set for move to AC Milan after fee agreed [Sky Italia]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi