Chelsea’s John Terry thinks there’s “no-one better in the world for me, still to this day” than Didier Drogba [Video]
- March 19, 2014
There’s cock-eyed and then there’s this…
Stamford Bridge was a Didier Drogba love-fest on Tuesday night on the Ivorian’s return to his old Chelsea stomping ground.
Chelsea honoured their former striker with a flowery pre-game presentation, however once kick off rolled over, the truth is that Drigba failed to cause much trouble.
Overall’s Drogba’s stats against Chelsea read 2 shots (zero on target), one chance created, six aerial duels won, he was fouled four times, while the Galatasaray forward lost ball seven times for his side.
Despite his average performance, Chelsea captain John Terry voiced his belief that Drogba remains the best striker in world football in a post match interview with Chelsea TV.
Locked arm-in-arm with the African legend, Terry held a straight face as he yapped:
It felt strange (playing against Drogba), but there’s no-one better is there, in the world for me still, still to this day.
Watch John Terry’s comments on Didier Drogab below.
- Papy Djilobodji gives his first interview as a Chelsea player following move from Nante...
- Chelsea medic Eva Carneiro has not returned to work since being demoted by Jose Mourinh...
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...