Chelsea’s John Terry nearly scored Beckham-esque wonder goal in Petrov charity game
- September 9, 2013
This would have been a goal of the season contender, had John Terry’s long ranger not come back off the post!
The Stan Petrov charity game at Celtic Park was not short of incident and the 60,000 in attendance certainly got their moneys worth.
Gabby Agbonlahor clattering Louis Tomlinson took many of the headlines from the charity match but the long ranger from John Terry in the first half deserves plenty of credit.
Not quite as galling as missing Chelsea’s crucial penalty in the Champions League final in Moscow, but Terry is still probably frustrated this one didn’t creep in.
- Save of the season: Celtic keeper Craig Gordon makes unreal double save v St Johnstone ...
- Celtic legend Shunsuke Nakamura (37) scores trademark free kick beauty in Japan (Video)
- Watch Tyler Blackett meet his new Celtic fans after his loan move from Man United (Videos)
- Celtic legends John Hartson and Chris Sutton slam club after CL playoff exit (video)
- Malmo v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League play-off 2nd leg
- Malmö fans troll Celtic with funny twist on Pink Floyd’s ‘Another Brick In ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...