Chelsea’s John Terry: ‘Didier Drogba is still the best striker in the world at holding the ball up’ [Video]
- March 18, 2014
John Terry had the pleasure, or the pain, of facing his old teammate and friend tonight as Chelsea beat Galatasaray.
The Chelsea skipper was effusive in his praise for his old buddy, saying that playing against him over these two legs has given him a whole new appreciation for just how good he is.
In fact, Terry went so far as to say that when it comes to holding the ball up and battling it out with centre halves, Drogba is still the best in the world, even aged 36.
A big and bold statement, and despite Drogba’s poor game tonight, maybe not as hyperbolic as it sounds.
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Rubbing it in on Chelsea: Arsenal fans already have a Petr Cech chant (Video)
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans scored for the 2nd week running for Anderlecht (Video)
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi