- Chelsea and Man City have identical points records in 2014 [Graphic]
- Chelsea flop Fernando Torres explains why he left AC Milan to join Atletico Madrid
- Hilarious! Southampton’s Twitter account offers one Saints fan love advice [Tweets]
- THUNDERBASTARD! Charlee Adams (Lincoln City) nets first career goal in Lincolnshire derby [Video]
- Chelsea fans put to the test: “Would you kiss a beautiful Tottenham fan” [Video]
Chelsea’s John Terry: ‘Didier Drogba is still the best striker in the world at holding the ball up’ [Video]
John Terry had the pleasure, or the pain, of facing his old teammate and friend tonight as Chelsea beat Galatasaray.
The Chelsea skipper was effusive in his praise for his old buddy, saying that playing against him over these two legs has given him a whole new appreciation for just how good he is.
In fact, Terry went so far as to say that when it comes to holding the ball up and battling it out with centre halves, Drogba is still the best in the world, even aged 36.
A big and bold statement, and despite Drogba’s poor game tonight, maybe not as hyperbolic as it sounds.
- Updated: March 18, 2014