Chelsea’s Eto’o is MLS bound at the end of the year with the LA Galaxy & DC United leading the chase [Guardian]
- December 10, 2013
Samuel Eto’o will only spend one season at Chelsea according to the Guardian on Tuesday.
Journalist Dominic Fifield has scribbled an article overnight reporting:
Samuel Eto’o’s stint in the Premier League is set to be limited to a solitary season, with the veteran Cameroon forward expected to move to Major League Soccer once his contract at Chelsea expires next summer.
[Chelsea] will welcome back Romelu Lukaku to the fray following his season’s loan at Everton but Eto’o, who has scored twice in nine Premier League appearances, is expected to open pre-contract talks with MLS clubs next month before departing for the United States at the end of the campaign.
Los Angeles Galaxy, DC United and Club Deportivo Chivas USA are potential destinations. Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire also likely to express interest. The four-times African player of the year had been heavily linked with FC Toronto, coached by the former Blackburn and Queens Park Rangers defender Ryan Nelsen, but is thought to favour a move to the US rather than Canada.
Samuel Eto’o has scored three goals for Chelsea so far this season, including strikes against Cardiff and West Brom in the league and Schalke in the Champions League.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...