Chelsea’s Eto’o is MLS bound at the end of the year with the LA Galaxy & DC United leading the chase [Guardian]
Samuel Eto’o will only spend one season at Chelsea according to the Guardian on Tuesday.
Journalist Dominic Fifield has scribbled an article overnight reporting:
Samuel Eto’o’s stint in the Premier League is set to be limited to a solitary season, with the veteran Cameroon forward expected to move to Major League Soccer once his contract at Chelsea expires next summer.
[Chelsea] will welcome back Romelu Lukaku to the fray following his season’s loan at Everton but Eto’o, who has scored twice in nine Premier League appearances, is expected to open pre-contract talks with MLS clubs next month before departing for the United States at the end of the campaign.
Los Angeles Galaxy, DC United and Club Deportivo Chivas USA are potential destinations. Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire also likely to express interest. The four-times African player of the year had been heavily linked with FC Toronto, coached by the former Blackburn and Queens Park Rangers defender Ryan Nelsen, but is thought to favour a move to the US rather than Canada.
Samuel Eto’o has scored three goals for Chelsea so far this season, including strikes against Cardiff and West Brom in the league and Schalke in the Champions League.
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Samuel Eto’o provided an outrageous assist for Antalyaspor equaliser v Galatasaray (Video)
- Ex-Chelsea man Samuel Eto’o continues his brilliant scoring record with Antalyaspor (Video)
- Samuel Eto’o scored two excellent goals on his Antalyaspor debut (video)
- Agent of Eto’o & Makelele: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez “doesn’t...