Chelsea’s Eden Hazard comes in for some stick, but eventually shows his class as Belgium beat Russia 1-0 [Tweets]
I reckon if I was Wilmots I seriously think about bringing on Eden Hazard for the second half. #WorldCup2014
— James Sharman (@jamessharman) June 22, 2014
Belgium don’t do themselves any favours do they!
Having gone behind and come back to win in their first World Cup outing against Algeria, they left it very, very late again today, Origi breaking the deadlock in the 88th minute to give Les Diables Rouges the win.
It was a solid, if uninspired performance, with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard almost non-existant for large swathes of the game.
The dynamite wide-man came up trumps when it mattered most though, skinning his man on the wing to set Origi up, leaving a lot of people eating their words, and humble pie.
If Eden Hazard wants to be one of the world's truly elite players, it's times like these he needs to make the difference – like Messi v Iran
— Rik Sharma (@riksharma_) June 22, 2014
In the past 180 seconds, several middling Premier League clubs have been "linked" with Divock Origi, probably.
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) June 22, 2014
Hazard decided to show up for a couple of minutes and all of a sudden its 1-0 Belgium.
— Ball Street (@BallStreet) June 22, 2014
Suitably poor finish from Mirallas. This game doesn't deserve a second goal.
— Nick (@ManUnitedYouth) June 22, 2014
— The Redmen TV (@TheRedmenTV) June 22, 2014
Eden Hazard is enjoying his holiday in Brazil… Someone should tell him that we're playing a World Cup game. #BELvsRUS
— Sp. Anderlecht news (@Sporting_AND) June 22, 2014
That's why you don't take off Hazard, he can always come up with something magical
— Omari™ (@bajanswaggboy) June 22, 2014
Unlucky Russia. Hazard, Mirallas and Premiership stars only decided to turn up for last ten minutes.
— Jason Corcoran (@jason_corcoran) June 22, 2014
Hazard showing what he can do when he actually runs at players! Shame it normally takes him about 80 minutes to do… http://t.co/OYZzzT32xU
— Jake Heasman (@jakeheasman) June 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Amazing: Belgium’s Christian Benteke scores fastest goal in World Cup qualifying history (Video)October 10, 2016
- Belgian brothers quiz: Lukaku’s vs. Hazard’s (Video)October 6, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne’s injury may trigger a special coming together for the Hazard brothers [HLN]September 26, 2016
- Jordan Lukaku and Belgium outclassed by Spain as new era gets off to dire start [Tweets]September 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard takes the mick out of Antonio Conte’s touchline antics (Video)October 22, 2016
- Chelsea’s Hazard presents N’Golo Kante with MOTM, explains celebration v Leicester (Video)October 15, 2016
- Eden Hazard is frustrated at Chelsea [Times]October 14, 2016
- Chelsea are open to selling Eden Hazard ahead of Cesc Fabregas [Sun]October 10, 2016
- Zenit fine & demote Aleksandr Kokorin after Russian star spends €250k on champagne (Video)July 5, 2016
- A violent but comedy cartoon depicts the fan violence at Euro 2016 (Video)June 20, 2016
- Russia v Wales: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016
- Vladimir Putin offers his hilarious thoughts on the Russian hooligans beating up the EnglishJune 17, 2016