Chelsea’s Eden Hazard comes in for some stick, but eventually shows his class as Belgium beat Russia 1-0 [Tweets]
I reckon if I was Wilmots I seriously think about bringing on Eden Hazard for the second half. #WorldCup2014
— James Sharman (@jamessharman) June 22, 2014
Belgium don’t do themselves any favours do they!
Having gone behind and come back to win in their first World Cup outing against Algeria, they left it very, very late again today, Origi breaking the deadlock in the 88th minute to give Les Diables Rouges the win.
It was a solid, if uninspired performance, with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard almost non-existant for large swathes of the game.
The dynamite wide-man came up trumps when it mattered most though, skinning his man on the wing to set Origi up, leaving a lot of people eating their words, and humble pie.
If Eden Hazard wants to be one of the world's truly elite players, it's times like these he needs to make the difference – like Messi v Iran
— Rik Sharma (@riksharma_) June 22, 2014
In the past 180 seconds, several middling Premier League clubs have been "linked" with Divock Origi, probably.
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) June 22, 2014
Hazard decided to show up for a couple of minutes and all of a sudden its 1-0 Belgium.
— Ball Street (@BallStreet) June 22, 2014
Suitably poor finish from Mirallas. This game doesn't deserve a second goal.
— Nick (@ManUnitedYouth) June 22, 2014
— The Redmen TV (@TheRedmenTV) June 22, 2014
Eden Hazard is enjoying his holiday in Brazil… Someone should tell him that we're playing a World Cup game. #BELvsRUS
— Sp. Anderlecht news (@Sporting_AND) June 22, 2014
That's why you don't take off Hazard, he can always come up with something magical
— Omari™ (@bajanswaggboy) June 22, 2014
Unlucky Russia. Hazard, Mirallas and Premiership stars only decided to turn up for last ten minutes.
— Jason Corcoran (@jason_corcoran) June 22, 2014
Hazard showing what he can do when he actually runs at players! Shame it normally takes him about 80 minutes to do… http://t.co/OYZzzT32xU
— Jake Heasman (@jakeheasman) June 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Marc Wilmots accuses Chelsea’s Courtois of being a mole, reveals Thibaut’s criticisms of Conte (L’Equipe Video)November 22, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen celebrates his 500th game with an heart-warming Instagram postNovember 17, 2016
- Brilliant Belgium mannequin challenge, featuring Chelsea & Spurs stars (video)November 15, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku scores twice for Belgium (Video)November 13, 2016
- Revealed: Chelsea paid less for Eden Hazard than first thoughtDecember 6, 2016
- Chelsea’s November Goal of the Month list is seriously impressive (video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard rounds the Man City keeper, scores into empty net. Right?December 3, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard discounts Arsenal, sees the Premier League title as a 3-horse raceNovember 28, 2016
- Russian model Victoria Lopyreva was a big hit at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup drawNovember 27, 2016
- Zenit fine & demote Aleksandr Kokorin after Russian star spends €250k on champagne (Video)July 5, 2016
- A violent but comedy cartoon depicts the fan violence at Euro 2016 (Video)June 20, 2016
- Russia v Wales: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016