Chelsea’s Eden Hazard comes in for some stick, but eventually shows his class as Belgium beat Russia 1-0 [Tweets]
I reckon if I was Wilmots I seriously think about bringing on Eden Hazard for the second half. #WorldCup2014
— James Sharman (@jamessharman) June 22, 2014
Belgium don’t do themselves any favours do they!
Having gone behind and come back to win in their first World Cup outing against Algeria, they left it very, very late again today, Origi breaking the deadlock in the 88th minute to give Les Diables Rouges the win.
It was a solid, if uninspired performance, with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard almost non-existant for large swathes of the game.
The dynamite wide-man came up trumps when it mattered most though, skinning his man on the wing to set Origi up, leaving a lot of people eating their words, and humble pie.
If Eden Hazard wants to be one of the world's truly elite players, it's times like these he needs to make the difference – like Messi v Iran
— Rik Sharma (@riksharma_) June 22, 2014
In the past 180 seconds, several middling Premier League clubs have been "linked" with Divock Origi, probably.
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) June 22, 2014
Hazard decided to show up for a couple of minutes and all of a sudden its 1-0 Belgium.
— Ball Street (@BallStreet) June 22, 2014
Suitably poor finish from Mirallas. This game doesn't deserve a second goal.
— Nick (@ManUnitedYouth) June 22, 2014
— The Redmen TV (@TheRedmenTV) June 22, 2014
Eden Hazard is enjoying his holiday in Brazil… Someone should tell him that we're playing a World Cup game. #BELvsRUS
— Sp. Anderlecht news (@Sporting_AND) June 22, 2014
That's why you don't take off Hazard, he can always come up with something magical
— Omari™ (@bajanswaggboy) June 22, 2014
Unlucky Russia. Hazard, Mirallas and Premiership stars only decided to turn up for last ten minutes.
— Jason Corcoran (@jason_corcoran) June 22, 2014
Hazard showing what he can do when he actually runs at players! Shame it normally takes him about 80 minutes to do… http://t.co/OYZzzT32xU
— Jake Heasman (@jakeheasman) June 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Belgium put a fantastic job advert for National Team manager on their websiteJuly 19, 2016
- Thibaut Courtois ‘kicked off’ against Marc Wilmots in the locker room after Wales won [HLN]July 2, 2016
- Cartoon video shows Tom Jones sing about Wales win over Belgium (Video)July 2, 2016
- Free agent Hal Robson-Kanu becomes Wales legend with excellent goal versus Belgium (Video)July 1, 2016
- Chelsea’s Pedro believes team mate Eden Hazard can still be the worlds best player [Yahoo]July 26, 2016
- Eden Hazard and Pedro gave some hilariously bad answers in Chelsea’s American Quiz (Video)July 25, 2016
- Demba Ba’s ex-Chelsea teammates wish striker well on Twitter & IG after leg breakJuly 17, 2016
- Lionel Messi dropped as EA Sports reveal 4 players in the running for FIFA 17 cover (Video)July 5, 2016
- Zenit fine & demote Aleksandr Kokorin after Russian star spends €250k on champagne (Video)July 5, 2016
- A violent but comedy cartoon depicts the fan violence at Euro 2016 (Video)June 20, 2016
- Russia v Wales: Euro 2016 preview, line-ups & predictionsJune 19, 2016
- Vladimir Putin offers his hilarious thoughts on the Russian hooligans beating up the EnglishJune 17, 2016