Chelsea’s Eden Hazard comes in for some stick, but eventually shows his class as Belgium beat Russia 1-0 [Tweets]
- June 22, 2014
I reckon if I was Wilmots I seriously think about bringing on Eden Hazard for the second half. #WorldCup2014
— James Sharman (@jamessharman) June 22, 2014
Belgium don’t do themselves any favours do they!
Having gone behind and come back to win in their first World Cup outing against Algeria, they left it very, very late again today, Origi breaking the deadlock in the 88th minute to give Les Diables Rouges the win.
It was a solid, if uninspired performance, with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard almost non-existant for large swathes of the game.
The dynamite wide-man came up trumps when it mattered most though, skinning his man on the wing to set Origi up, leaving a lot of people eating their words, and humble pie.
If Eden Hazard wants to be one of the world's truly elite players, it's times like these he needs to make the difference – like Messi v Iran
— Rik Sharma (@riksharma_) June 22, 2014
In the past 180 seconds, several middling Premier League clubs have been "linked" with Divock Origi, probably.
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) June 22, 2014
Hazard decided to show up for a couple of minutes and all of a sudden its 1-0 Belgium.
— Ball Street (@BallStreet) June 22, 2014
Suitably poor finish from Mirallas. This game doesn't deserve a second goal.
— Nick (@ManUnitedYouth) June 22, 2014
— The Redmen TV (@TheRedmenTV) June 22, 2014
Eden Hazard is enjoying his holiday in Brazil… Someone should tell him that we're playing a World Cup game. #BELvsRUS
— Sp. Anderlecht news (@Sporting_AND) June 22, 2014
That's why you don't take off Hazard, he can always come up with something magical
— Omari™ (@bajanswaggboy) June 22, 2014
Unlucky Russia. Hazard, Mirallas and Premiership stars only decided to turn up for last ten minutes.
— Jason Corcoran (@jason_corcoran) June 22, 2014
Hazard showing what he can do when he actually runs at players! Shame it normally takes him about 80 minutes to do… http://t.co/OYZzzT32xU
— Jake Heasman (@jakeheasman) June 22, 2014
- Benteke’s transfer fee to Liverpool dwarfs Eden Hazard’s cost, or what Man ...
- Thibaut Courtois praises Wales and Gareth Bale after Belgium’s defeat [Video]
- Wales v Belgium: The big match preview for the Euro 2016 qualifier [Video]
- Belgium paper Sportwereld had an eye-catching picture of Man United’s Marouane Fe...
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...