Chelsea’s Eden Hazard comes in for some stick, but eventually shows his class as Belgium beat Russia 1-0 [Tweets]
- June 22, 2014
I reckon if I was Wilmots I seriously think about bringing on Eden Hazard for the second half. #WorldCup2014
— James Sharman (@jamessharman) June 22, 2014
Belgium don’t do themselves any favours do they!
Having gone behind and come back to win in their first World Cup outing against Algeria, they left it very, very late again today, Origi breaking the deadlock in the 88th minute to give Les Diables Rouges the win.
It was a solid, if uninspired performance, with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard almost non-existant for large swathes of the game.
The dynamite wide-man came up trumps when it mattered most though, skinning his man on the wing to set Origi up, leaving a lot of people eating their words, and humble pie.
If Eden Hazard wants to be one of the world's truly elite players, it's times like these he needs to make the difference – like Messi v Iran
— Rik Sharma (@riksharma_) June 22, 2014
In the past 180 seconds, several middling Premier League clubs have been "linked" with Divock Origi, probably.
— James Tyler (@JamesTylerESPN) June 22, 2014
Hazard decided to show up for a couple of minutes and all of a sudden its 1-0 Belgium.
— Ball Street (@BallStreet) June 22, 2014
Suitably poor finish from Mirallas. This game doesn't deserve a second goal.
— Nick (@ManUnitedYouth) June 22, 2014
— The Redmen TV (@TheRedmenTV) June 22, 2014
Eden Hazard is enjoying his holiday in Brazil… Someone should tell him that we're playing a World Cup game. #BELvsRUS
— Sp. Anderlecht news (@Sporting_AND) June 22, 2014
That's why you don't take off Hazard, he can always come up with something magical
— Omari™ (@bajanswaggboy) June 22, 2014
Unlucky Russia. Hazard, Mirallas and Premiership stars only decided to turn up for last ten minutes.
— Jason Corcoran (@jason_corcoran) June 22, 2014
Hazard showing what he can do when he actually runs at players! Shame it normally takes him about 80 minutes to do… http://t.co/OYZzzT32xU
— Jake Heasman (@jakeheasman) June 22, 2014
- Benteke’s transfer fee to Liverpool dwarfs Eden Hazard’s cost, or what Man ...
- Thibaut Courtois praises Wales and Gareth Bale after Belgium’s defeat [Video]
- Wales v Belgium: The big match preview for the Euro 2016 qualifier [Video]
- Belgium paper Sportwereld had an eye-catching picture of Man United’s Marouane Fe...
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi