Chelsea’s David Luiz would take a pay cut to join Barcelona this summer [Mundo Deportivo]
For the umpteenth time this summer, a Spanish news agency has linked Chelsea centre-back David Luiz with a move to Barcelona.
On Sunday, the front page of El Mundo Deportivo is covered by the face of Chelsea’s Brazilian centre-half, with the paper reporting that David Luiz is now ready to take a significant pay cut in order to move to the Nou Camp this summer.
According to MD, “sources have revealed” Luiz’s proposed pay cut, and those messaged have been delivered to Barcelona’s directors. Moreover, the paper claim that Luiz “is not willing to let this opportunity slip away.”
MD, copying earlier reports from the Daily Mail, note that Chelsea are now demanding 46 million euros for the defender. That fee is said to be way above what Barcelona are willing to pay, although the paper fail to detail exactly what price the Catalans believe the Brazilian international is worth.
For the record, 26-year-old Luiz has three years left on the contract signed when he arrived from Benfica in January 2011.
A copy of the front page of Sunday’s El Mundo Deportivo is below.
- Was he sick? Leo Messi popped a pill during Barcelona’s win over Roma (Video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Jose Mourinho talks about the return of Chelsea’s morale after the win in Tel Aviv (Video)
- Jose Mourinho and Diego Costa had a screaming match at half-time of their game against Maccabi Te...
- Jose Mourinho turned into a groundsman during Chelsea’s match at Maccabi Tel Aviv (Video)