Chelsea’s David Luiz would take a pay cut to join Barcelona this summer [Mundo Deportivo]
- August 4, 2013
For the umpteenth time this summer, a Spanish news agency has linked Chelsea centre-back David Luiz with a move to Barcelona.
On Sunday, the front page of El Mundo Deportivo is covered by the face of Chelsea’s Brazilian centre-half, with the paper reporting that David Luiz is now ready to take a significant pay cut in order to move to the Nou Camp this summer.
According to MD, “sources have revealed” Luiz’s proposed pay cut, and those messaged have been delivered to Barcelona’s directors. Moreover, the paper claim that Luiz “is not willing to let this opportunity slip away.”
MD, copying earlier reports from the Daily Mail, note that Chelsea are now demanding 46 million euros for the defender. That fee is said to be way above what Barcelona are willing to pay, although the paper fail to detail exactly what price the Catalans believe the Brazilian international is worth.
For the record, 26-year-old Luiz has three years left on the contract signed when he arrived from Benfica in January 2011.
A copy of the front page of Sunday’s El Mundo Deportivo is below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...