Chelsea’s David Luiz would take a pay cut to join Barcelona this summer [Mundo Deportivo]
- August 4, 2013
For the umpteenth time this summer, a Spanish news agency has linked Chelsea centre-back David Luiz with a move to Barcelona.
On Sunday, the front page of El Mundo Deportivo is covered by the face of Chelsea’s Brazilian centre-half, with the paper reporting that David Luiz is now ready to take a significant pay cut in order to move to the Nou Camp this summer.
According to MD, “sources have revealed” Luiz’s proposed pay cut, and those messaged have been delivered to Barcelona’s directors. Moreover, the paper claim that Luiz “is not willing to let this opportunity slip away.”
MD, copying earlier reports from the Daily Mail, note that Chelsea are now demanding 46 million euros for the defender. That fee is said to be way above what Barcelona are willing to pay, although the paper fail to detail exactly what price the Catalans believe the Brazilian international is worth.
For the record, 26-year-old Luiz has three years left on the contract signed when he arrived from Benfica in January 2011.
A copy of the front page of Sunday’s El Mundo Deportivo is below.
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...