Chelsea’s Ashley Cole confirms international retirement on Twitter after missing out on WC squad
Ashley Cole will not be going to Brazil this summer with England.
The Chelsea full back got a call from Roy Hodgson tonight and will now retire from international football.
Once the news broke, Ashley Cole took to Twitter and gave a very mature response to the news, claiming he’ll be watching like any other fan.
He also praised fellow left backs Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw. Kudos to the Chelsea player who gets a lot of negative press.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea old boy Ashley Cole trolls Spurs on social mediaNovember 26, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard poses for picture with best left-back on the planetNovember 10, 2016
- Ashley Cole apologises to Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard after LA Galaxy lossNovember 7, 2016
- Former Chelsea star is the toughest opponent Cristiano Ronaldo has ever facedOctober 27, 2016
- Man City v Chelsea is the game of the weekend and here’s the stats previewDecember 2, 2016
- Chelsea boss Conte says letting Kevin De Bruyne go was a massive mistakeDecember 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- League leaders Chelsea dominate the Premier League awards for NovemberDecember 2, 2016
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016