- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Chelsea willing to splash out €40 million on Benfica man Nemanja Matic [A Bola]
Benfica midfielder Nemanja Matic is a wanted man and Portuguese newspaper A Bola were today reporting that Chelsea are willing to spend a hefty €40 million to acquire his signature.
Formerly at Chelsea, the Serbian man was sold to Benfica as part of the deal that saw David Luiz come the other way.
Benfica aren’t looking to let one of their star players leave at a cut price so Chelsea may have to cough up a huge transfer fee to bring him back to Stamford Bridge.
A Bola claim negotiations are at an advanced stage between the two clubs with Roman Abramovich giving Mourinho the funds to splash out on the sought after midfielder.
However, clubs all over Europe, such as Manchester United and Monaco have been linked to the Serbian and his sale could end up being the transfer saga of the summer.
- Updated: June 14, 2013