Chelsea willing to splash out €40 million on Benfica man Nemanja Matic [A Bola]
- June 14, 2013
Benfica midfielder Nemanja Matic is a wanted man and Portuguese newspaper A Bola were today reporting that Chelsea are willing to spend a hefty €40 million to acquire his signature.
Formerly at Chelsea, the Serbian man was sold to Benfica as part of the deal that saw David Luiz come the other way.
Benfica aren’t looking to let one of their star players leave at a cut price so Chelsea may have to cough up a huge transfer fee to bring him back to Stamford Bridge.
A Bola claim negotiations are at an advanced stage between the two clubs with Roman Abramovich giving Mourinho the funds to splash out on the sought after midfielder.
However, clubs all over Europe, such as Manchester United and Monaco have been linked to the Serbian and his sale could end up being the transfer saga of the summer.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi