Chelsea will sell £17m De Bruyne to Wolfsburg, player to sign 5-year deal [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- January 13, 2014
As Chelsea prepare for the arrival of Nemanja Matic from Benfica, the Pensioners are ready to say goodbye to a midfielder with massive potential who never really got a proper opportunity to shine at Stamford Bridge.
Kevin De Bruyne, the dynamic Belgian midfielder who looks remarkably like TinTin, is on the verge of leaving Chelsea to join Wolfsburg for £16m in the next few days.
The story, broken by Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, says that Kevin De Bruyne will sign a contract until 2019, once Wolfsburg and Chelsea have agreed the final details of the deal. Reports say that Wolfsburg will initially pay between £16m-17m for the attacking midfielder.
Het Laatste Nieuws do also report that until De Bruyne does indeed put pen to paper at Wolfsburg, Racing Genk habour slim hopes of being able to sign the Chelsea midfielder.
De Bruyne has been very much on the periphery at Stamford Bridge this season and a January move seemed inevitable from the start. Having spent last year on loan at Werder Bremen, the Belgian has already proven himself in the Bundesliga and a number of sides were reportedly in for him.
Last week Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs said ”The fact that we (Wolfsburg & Chelsea) continue to talk to each other, shows that our ideas are not so far apart”.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]