- Linfield’s Ivan Sproule sent off for putting his shirt on the corner flag v Glentoran [Video]
- Top 5 Soccer AM 2014 car park goals ft Arsenal hero David Seaman & ex-West Ham man Dean Ashton
- A young Irish Man United fan goes crazy when he gets tickets for Christmas [Video]
- Late Christmas present? Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud spotted shopping in Victoria Secret [Picture]
- Lukas Podolski: ‘In the next few days I’m going to talk to Arsene Wenger’ [Super Express]
Chelsea will sell £17m De Bruyne to Wolfsburg, player to sign 5-year deal [Het Laatste Nieuws]
As Chelsea prepare for the arrival of Nemanja Matic from Benfica, the Pensioners are ready to say goodbye to a midfielder with massive potential who never really got a proper opportunity to shine at Stamford Bridge.
Kevin De Bruyne, the dynamic Belgian midfielder who looks remarkably like TinTin, is on the verge of leaving Chelsea to join Wolfsburg for £16m in the next few days.
The story, broken by Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, says that Kevin De Bruyne will sign a contract until 2019, once Wolfsburg and Chelsea have agreed the final details of the deal. Reports say that Wolfsburg will initially pay between £16m-17m for the attacking midfielder.
Het Laatste Nieuws do also report that until De Bruyne does indeed put pen to paper at Wolfsburg, Racing Genk habour slim hopes of being able to sign the Chelsea midfielder.
De Bruyne has been very much on the periphery at Stamford Bridge this season and a January move seemed inevitable from the start. Having spent last year on loan at Werder Bremen, the Belgian has already proven himself in the Bundesliga and a number of sides were reportedly in for him.
Last week Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs said ”The fact that we (Wolfsburg & Chelsea) continue to talk to each other, shows that our ideas are not so far apart”.
- Updated: January 13, 2014