- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Chelsea will sell £17m De Bruyne to Wolfsburg, player to sign 5-year deal [Het Laatste Nieuws]
As Chelsea prepare for the arrival of Nemanja Matic from Benfica, the Pensioners are ready to say goodbye to a midfielder with massive potential who never really got a proper opportunity to shine at Stamford Bridge.
Kevin De Bruyne, the dynamic Belgian midfielder who looks remarkably like TinTin, is on the verge of leaving Chelsea to join Wolfsburg for £16m in the next few days.
The story, broken by Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, says that Kevin De Bruyne will sign a contract until 2019, once Wolfsburg and Chelsea have agreed the final details of the deal. Reports say that Wolfsburg will initially pay between £16m-17m for the attacking midfielder.
Het Laatste Nieuws do also report that until De Bruyne does indeed put pen to paper at Wolfsburg, Racing Genk habour slim hopes of being able to sign the Chelsea midfielder.
De Bruyne has been very much on the periphery at Stamford Bridge this season and a January move seemed inevitable from the start. Having spent last year on loan at Werder Bremen, the Belgian has already proven himself in the Bundesliga and a number of sides were reportedly in for him.
Last week Wolfsburg Sporting Director Klaus Allofs said ”The fact that we (Wolfsburg & Chelsea) continue to talk to each other, shows that our ideas are not so far apart”.
- Updated: January 13, 2014