- Michael Owen calls for Brendan Rodgers to be given more time at Liverpool [BT Sport Video]
- A Sam Gallagher stunner saw Southampton U21s beat Blackburn in the Premier League Cup final [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool target Memphis Depay is eccentric & doesn’t talk to the media [Talksport Audio]
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Close up footage of the tension on Barcelona’s bench during the win over Valencia [Video]
Chelsea to land in Mexico on Thursday for Jurgen Damm talks, reveals Pachuca’s VP [Medio Tiempo]
- June 5, 2014
Chelsea have been outed on Mexican TV as having an interest in Pachuca forward Jurgen Damm.
Pachuca’s vice president Andres Fassi disclosed the information in a TV interview with Medio Tiempo.
Damm, 21, is a duel Mexican and German citizen.
Where Chelsea’s interest has come from is not quite clear, especially as the Blues just added Mohammed Salah in January to add to their massive stockpile of midfield talent.
After starting with Estudiantes Tecos, Damm moved to Pachuca at the beginning of last season, and he went on to play 35 matches, scoring three goals.
Damm is an exciting right winger, capable with both feet, who uses his blistering pace to beat defenders. Moreover, he is highly adept at beating left-backs and delivering quality crosses from wide areas.
Pachuca’s vice president Andres Fassi has said:
Yes, there is interest, but we have to see how much they are interested.
In principle, we have a sporting plan for Jurgen and we hope he stays. But if something comes up from abroad, we have to take it into account; and if it’s serious, we have to respond.
We will have news in the next 48 hours. When it comes to us, it’s a matter of sporting project. We want him to stay and we will see how much Chelsea are interested.
There is a belief they arrive in Mexico on Thursday to talk with us.