Chelsea to land in Mexico on Thursday for Jurgen Damm talks, reveals Pachuca’s VP [Medio Tiempo]
- June 5, 2014
Chelsea have been outed on Mexican TV as having an interest in Pachuca forward Jurgen Damm.
Pachuca’s vice president Andres Fassi disclosed the information in a TV interview with Medio Tiempo.
Damm, 21, is a duel Mexican and German citizen.
Where Chelsea’s interest has come from is not quite clear, especially as the Blues just added Mohammed Salah in January to add to their massive stockpile of midfield talent.
After starting with Estudiantes Tecos, Damm moved to Pachuca at the beginning of last season, and he went on to play 35 matches, scoring three goals.
Damm is an exciting right winger, capable with both feet, who uses his blistering pace to beat defenders. Moreover, he is highly adept at beating left-backs and delivering quality crosses from wide areas.
Pachuca’s vice president Andres Fassi has said:
Yes, there is interest, but we have to see how much they are interested.
In principle, we have a sporting plan for Jurgen and we hope he stays. But if something comes up from abroad, we have to take it into account; and if it’s serious, we have to respond.
We will have news in the next 48 hours. When it comes to us, it’s a matter of sporting project. We want him to stay and we will see how much Chelsea are interested.
There is a belief they arrive in Mexico on Thursday to talk with us.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...