Chelsea will bid £35m for Man United’s Wayne Rooney in January [Sunday Star, Exclusive]
The transfer window doesn’t reopen for another 66 days, however that hasn’t stopped the Sunday Star going to print this weekend with a hugely spurious piece of transfer gossip.
According to hack Harry Pratt, Chelsea will bid £35 million for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney in January.
The story, which seems high on conjecture and low of actual facts, seems to come from the same pool of disinformation that is concerned with the fact Wayne Rooney only has 20 months left to run on his Old Trafford contract.
The timing of the Star’s story is also hugely dubious, coming in a week in which Wayne Rooney was instrumental in help his side beat Real Sociedad in the Champions League, while he headed home the equaliser against Stoke on Saturday.
Moreover, Rooney was only too happy to gloat about Sir Alex Ferguson’s admission in his book that he never submitted a written transfer request last summer after the Sociedad game, and more than ever it feels like Rooney’s future is at United.
See the backpage of the Star on Sunday below.
Watch Live Stream
- David Luiz films his Chelsea trio in great mood ahead of West Brom (videos)December 10, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- Chelsea v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- Man United v Spurs: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Polyglot: Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a genius off the pitch as well as on itDecember 10, 2016
- Premier League clubs eye up Real Madrid defender this January [Mirror]December 10, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho admits he wants more goals from Wayne RooneyDecember 9, 2016
- Manchester United fans slate Wayne Rooney’s 1st half performance at Zorya [Tweets]December 8, 2016
- Wayne Rooney suspended for Manchester United’s trip to EvertonNovember 30, 2016
- James Collins jokes about Wayne Rooney after Man United 1 – West Ham 1 [Instagram]November 28, 2016