- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
- Spurs’ Andros Townsend banters Roberto Soldado for using Google Translate in Twitter chat
- Xabi Alonso is already giving interviews in German to Bayern TV, after 2 months of classes [Video]
- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
Chelsea will bid £35m for Man United’s Wayne Rooney in January [Sunday Star, Exclusive]
The transfer window doesn’t reopen for another 66 days, however that hasn’t stopped the Sunday Star going to print this weekend with a hugely spurious piece of transfer gossip.
According to hack Harry Pratt, Chelsea will bid £35 million for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney in January.
The story, which seems high on conjecture and low of actual facts, seems to come from the same pool of disinformation that is concerned with the fact Wayne Rooney only has 20 months left to run on his Old Trafford contract.
The timing of the Star’s story is also hugely dubious, coming in a week in which Wayne Rooney was instrumental in help his side beat Real Sociedad in the Champions League, while he headed home the equaliser against Stoke on Saturday.
Moreover, Rooney was only too happy to gloat about Sir Alex Ferguson’s admission in his book that he never submitted a written transfer request last summer after the Sociedad game, and more than ever it feels like Rooney’s future is at United.
See the backpage of the Star on Sunday below.
- Updated: October 26, 2013