Chelsea will bid £35m for Man United’s Wayne Rooney in January [Sunday Star, Exclusive]
- October 26, 2013
The transfer window doesn’t reopen for another 66 days, however that hasn’t stopped the Sunday Star going to print this weekend with a hugely spurious piece of transfer gossip.
According to hack Harry Pratt, Chelsea will bid £35 million for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney in January.
The story, which seems high on conjecture and low of actual facts, seems to come from the same pool of disinformation that is concerned with the fact Wayne Rooney only has 20 months left to run on his Old Trafford contract.
The timing of the Star’s story is also hugely dubious, coming in a week in which Wayne Rooney was instrumental in help his side beat Real Sociedad in the Champions League, while he headed home the equaliser against Stoke on Saturday.
Moreover, Rooney was only too happy to gloat about Sir Alex Ferguson’s admission in his book that he never submitted a written transfer request last summer after the Sociedad game, and more than ever it feels like Rooney’s future is at United.
See the backpage of the Star on Sunday below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...