Chelsea will bid £35m for Man United’s Wayne Rooney in January [Sunday Star, Exclusive]
- October 26, 2013
The transfer window doesn’t reopen for another 66 days, however that hasn’t stopped the Sunday Star going to print this weekend with a hugely spurious piece of transfer gossip.
According to hack Harry Pratt, Chelsea will bid £35 million for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney in January.
The story, which seems high on conjecture and low of actual facts, seems to come from the same pool of disinformation that is concerned with the fact Wayne Rooney only has 20 months left to run on his Old Trafford contract.
The timing of the Star’s story is also hugely dubious, coming in a week in which Wayne Rooney was instrumental in help his side beat Real Sociedad in the Champions League, while he headed home the equaliser against Stoke on Saturday.
Moreover, Rooney was only too happy to gloat about Sir Alex Ferguson’s admission in his book that he never submitted a written transfer request last summer after the Sociedad game, and more than ever it feels like Rooney’s future is at United.
See the backpage of the Star on Sunday below.
- Papy Djilobodji gives his first interview as a Chelsea player following move from Nante...
- Chelsea medic Eva Carneiro has not returned to work since being demoted by Jose Mourinh...
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...