- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Chelsea think they can sign Rooney, Blues ready to shift Torres or Ba [Independent]
- Updated: July 10, 2013
So much for David Moyes’ repeated statements that Wayne Rooney is not for sale.
The Independent’s Sam Wallace has written an attention-grabbing article on Wednesday night in which the journalist claims that Chelsea believe they can sign Rooney from Old Trafford this summer.
Chelsea will sell Fernando Torres or Demba Ba should they be successful in landing Wayne Rooney this summer and are still confident of going into the season with the England striker as their first-choice centre-forward.
The club still believe that they can pull off the signing in this transfer window and have not been dissuaded by any of the public pronouncements by Manchester United’s new manager David Moyes that Rooney is not for sale. Signing Rooney is Chelsea’s biggest priority this summer and with two years left on his deal they are confident he will not sign another contract at Old Trafford.
The plan agreed with Jose Mourinho would be that should the Rooney deal be agreed, either Ba or Torres will go – but not Romelu Lukaku, who is part of the squad that flies to Bangkok on Thursday.
Much of the story promulgated in the Independent is nothing new.
Chelsea’s desire to sign Rooney has long been touted in the fifth estate, with the Telegraph having stated earlier in the summer that the Pensioners are plotting a £20 million bid for the United centre forward.
Perhaps the only way rumours will stop linking Wayne Rooney away from the Theatre of Dreams will be if the attacker comes out directly and states his intention to remain in Manchester. At the moment though, any such statement from Rooney seems a long way from ever happening.