Done Deal: Chelsea sign 18-year-old Cristian Cuevas for €1.9m from O’Higgins
- July 23, 2013
Chelsea continue to be investing in youth.
The Blues have announced the signing of 18-year-old Chilean midfielder Cristian Cuevas on Tuesday. The teenager costs €1.9 million from O’Higgins, and he has signed a 5-year deal to stay at Stamford Bridge until 2018.
Cuevas played in four of his nations’ five games in the U20 World Cup this summer in Turkey and helped Chile to the quarter-finals before losing to Ghana.
Cuevas, who can play at left-back or on the left wing, said:
I’m very happy. Chelsea were following me for more than a year. What I wanted happened, which was joining this club.
Cristian Cuevas only played 10 games for O’Higgins. He has yet to score his first goal.
- Papy Djilobodji is currently undergoing a medical at Chelsea ahead of €3.5m move [20 Mi...
- Chelsea fans react to news of talks with Nantes for defender Papy Djilobodji [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea & Everton fans react to the claim John Stones ‘didn’t meanR...
- Man United fan snapped wearing a Pedro shirt after the Spaniard joined Chelsea (Picture)
- PSG reject bid from Chelsea for Marquinhos [Mail]
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...