Done Deal: Chelsea sign 18-year-old Cristian Cuevas for €1.9m from O’Higgins
- July 23, 2013
Chelsea continue to be investing in youth.
The Blues have announced the signing of 18-year-old Chilean midfielder Cristian Cuevas on Tuesday. The teenager costs €1.9 million from O’Higgins, and he has signed a 5-year deal to stay at Stamford Bridge until 2018.
Cuevas played in four of his nations’ five games in the U20 World Cup this summer in Turkey and helped Chile to the quarter-finals before losing to Ghana.
Cuevas, who can play at left-back or on the left wing, said:
I’m very happy. Chelsea were following me for more than a year. What I wanted happened, which was joining this club.
Cristian Cuevas only played 10 games for O’Higgins. He has yet to score his first goal.
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea Fans Channel rank the top five worst Blues signings [Video]
- Chelsea’s 14-year-old Bernard Kosia moonwalks while balancing a football [Skills ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi