- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
- The sad story of how Paulo Cesar sold his 1970 World Cup winners medal for cocaine [L’Equipe]
- Most of Man United’s Class of ’92 went out for dinner with Andy Cole on Saturday night [Picture]
- Ronaldinho scored a double as an 84th minute Queretaro sub v Club America [Video]
Done Deal: Chelsea sign 18-year-old Cristian Cuevas for €1.9m from O’Higgins
- July 23, 2013
Chelsea continue to be investing in youth.
The Blues have announced the signing of 18-year-old Chilean midfielder Cristian Cuevas on Tuesday. The teenager costs €1.9 million from O’Higgins, and he has signed a 5-year deal to stay at Stamford Bridge until 2018.
Cuevas played in four of his nations’ five games in the U20 World Cup this summer in Turkey and helped Chile to the quarter-finals before losing to Ghana.
Cuevas, who can play at left-back or on the left wing, said:
I’m very happy. Chelsea were following me for more than a year. What I wanted happened, which was joining this club.
Cristian Cuevas only played 10 games for O’Higgins. He has yet to score his first goal.