Chelsea sign 17-year old winger Josi Quintero from Barcelona
- July 12, 2014
The 17-year old Ecuadorian had confirmed it a few weeks back, and by signing the contract, it’s now official: Chelsea have signed Josi Quintero from Barcelona.
The Ecuadorian winger tweeted the pictures of himself signing his new contract with The Blues, expressing his delight at signing for ‘this great club’.
Quintero has long been deemed on of La Masia’s hottest prospects, but like so many of the Barcelona youth academy products, he clearly felt the need to make a move away from the Catalan giants to have a realistic chance of breaking into first team football (though that will also require time and patience at Chelsea!).
It’s unlikely Quintero will see much, or indeed any first team football in his first year in England, rather, he’ll need time to adjust culturally and in football terms.
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi