Chelsea sign 17-year old winger Josi Quintero from Barcelona
- July 12, 2014
The 17-year old Ecuadorian had confirmed it a few weeks back, and by signing the contract, it’s now official: Chelsea have signed Josi Quintero from Barcelona.
The Ecuadorian winger tweeted the pictures of himself signing his new contract with The Blues, expressing his delight at signing for ‘this great club’.
Quintero has long been deemed on of La Masia’s hottest prospects, but like so many of the Barcelona youth academy products, he clearly felt the need to make a move away from the Catalan giants to have a realistic chance of breaking into first team football (though that will also require time and patience at Chelsea!).
It’s unlikely Quintero will see much, or indeed any first team football in his first year in England, rather, he’ll need time to adjust culturally and in football terms.
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...