Chelsea sign 17-year old winger Josi Quintero from Barcelona
- July 12, 2014
The 17-year old Ecuadorian had confirmed it a few weeks back, and by signing the contract, it’s now official: Chelsea have signed Josi Quintero from Barcelona.
The Ecuadorian winger tweeted the pictures of himself signing his new contract with The Blues, expressing his delight at signing for ‘this great club’.
Quintero has long been deemed on of La Masia’s hottest prospects, but like so many of the Barcelona youth academy products, he clearly felt the need to make a move away from the Catalan giants to have a realistic chance of breaking into first team football (though that will also require time and patience at Chelsea!).
It’s unlikely Quintero will see much, or indeed any first team football in his first year in England, rather, he’ll need time to adjust culturally and in football terms.
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Man United’s Ed Woodward to travel to Barcelona tomorrow to complete €30m Pedro d...
- Fiorentina 2 – Barcelona 1: Federico Bernardeschi was at the double as Barca lose...
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi