Chelsea set to sign Samuel Eto’o on two-year deal, final meeting on Wednesday [Sky Italia]
- August 27, 2013
With Wayne Rooney failing to hand in a transfer request that could push through a move to Chelsea – the Blues appear to be closing in on their most likely target to fill the target man role in front of their huge range of attacking midfielders.
Sky Italia’s inside man Gianluca Di Marzio reports late on Tuesday that Chelsea’s move for Samuel Eto’o looks set for completion on Wednesday.
Jose Mourinho’s starting XI choice at Old Trafford on Monday night looks like a call to Roman Abramovich to reward Eto’o with a two-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
The Cameroon striker had initially been wavering between a return to Inter Milan or move to Chelsea, with the Blues only offering a one-year contract.
Eto’o is keen to test himself in the Premier League and work with Jose Mourinho again after a successful spell together at Inter Milan.
Chelsea will meet with Eto’o’s agents tomorrow afternoon, where they are expected to close up negotiations on a substantial two-year deal.
Samuel Eto’o’s representatives were present at Old Trafford for the 0-0 draw between Manchester United and Chelsea on Monday night.
The Blues have been forced to move for Eto’o, who will join former Anzhi team mate Willian at Chelsea, after failing in moves for Rooney, Luis Suarez and Jackson Martinez, according to Di Marzio.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...