- Ex-Real Madrid man Royston Drenthe pulled off a SICK piece of skill for Sheffield Wednesday [Video]
- Lorient want to take Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo on loan [L'Equipe]
- Awesome Fan Footage of Wayne Rooney & Van Persie goals from Manchester United 3 – Newcastle 1
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is learning the striker role quickly’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I can now play Wayne Rooney in midfield or as a striker’ [Video]
Chelsea set to sign Samuel Eto’o on two-year deal, final meeting on Wednesday [Sky Italia]
With Wayne Rooney failing to hand in a transfer request that could push through a move to Chelsea – the Blues appear to be closing in on their most likely target to fill the target man role in front of their huge range of attacking midfielders.
Sky Italia’s inside man Gianluca Di Marzio reports late on Tuesday that Chelsea’s move for Samuel Eto’o looks set for completion on Wednesday.
Jose Mourinho’s starting XI choice at Old Trafford on Monday night looks like a call to Roman Abramovich to reward Eto’o with a two-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
The Cameroon striker had initially been wavering between a return to Inter Milan or move to Chelsea, with the Blues only offering a one-year contract.
Eto’o is keen to test himself in the Premier League and work with Jose Mourinho again after a successful spell together at Inter Milan.
Chelsea will meet with Eto’o’s agents tomorrow afternoon, where they are expected to close up negotiations on a substantial two-year deal.
Samuel Eto’o’s representatives were present at Old Trafford for the 0-0 draw between Manchester United and Chelsea on Monday night.
The Blues have been forced to move for Eto’o, who will join former Anzhi team mate Willian at Chelsea, after failing in moves for Rooney, Luis Suarez and Jackson Martinez, according to Di Marzio.
- Updated: August 27, 2013