Chelsea’s revolving door loan policy sends Lucas Piazon to Eintracht Frankfurt
Chelsea have sent playmaker Lucas Piazon back out on loan after he returned from a temporary spell in Holland with Vitesse. Now he spend a season in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt.
Lucas Piazon was bought by Chelsea from Sao Paolo when he was 17 years old, bearing a resemblance to Kaka both in physical appearance and in the way he played.
Piazon agreed to the move because he thought that his technique suited the Premier League. But three years have passed and the attacker has made just one league appearance for The Blues.
This is because he’s been out on loan gaining experience, increasing his value and improving his play.
Last season he was among a spate of Chelsea players plopped in Holland to play for Vitesse but he stood out as the outstanding player from that crop. He scored 11 goals and made 8 assists in a breakthrough season.
But he will have to wait at least another year before adding to his solitary Premier League appearance as he’s been shipped back out on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt for the 2014/15 campaign.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho confirms he was never friends with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich (Video)October 22, 2016
- Antonio Conte’s description of Fabregas injury leads to hilarious misunderstanding (Video)October 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho told Howard Webb that ‘The Man’ was going to fire him back in 2007 (Video)October 21, 2016
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois suffers untimely fail in Twitter Bantz with Michy BatshuayiOctober 21, 2016
- Manchester United defender Guillermo Varela set for a Bundesliga loan move [Mail]July 15, 2016
- Eintracht Frankfurt fans literally made the stadium bounce during relegation play-off (Video)May 20, 2016
- Frankfurt’s Marco Russ to play tonight one day after heavy tumour disease diagnosisMay 19, 2016
- Bayern’s Javi Martinez wiped out Frankfurt manager Niko Kovac (Official Video)April 4, 2016