Chelsea’s revolving door loan policy sends Lucas Piazon to Eintracht Frankfurt
- July 24, 2014
Chelsea have sent playmaker Lucas Piazon back out on loan after he returned from a temporary spell in Holland with Vitesse. Now he spend a season in Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt.
Lucas Piazon was bought by Chelsea from Sao Paolo when he was 17 years old, bearing a resemblance to Kaka both in physical appearance and in the way he played.
Piazon agreed to the move because he thought that his technique suited the Premier League. But three years have passed and the attacker has made just one league appearance for The Blues.
This is because he’s been out on loan gaining experience, increasing his value and improving his play.
Last season he was among a spate of Chelsea players plopped in Holland to play for Vitesse but he stood out as the outstanding player from that crop. He scored 11 goals and made 8 assists in a breakthrough season.
But he will have to wait at least another year before adding to his solitary Premier League appearance as he’s been shipped back out on loan to Eintracht Frankfurt for the 2014/15 campaign.
- Chelsea are close to completing a deal for Galatasaray left-back Alex Telles (Di Marzio)
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- ‘Roberto Martinez’ bashes Chelsea’s disrespectful approach for John S...
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) nets stunning 35 yard winner in 92nd minute...
- Chelsea’s Lucas Piazon scored a quality goal for Brazil at the Pan American Games...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi