Chelsea reach agreement with Edinson Cavani: €8.5m a season, 5-year contract [Mediaset]
- June 29, 2013
Italian website Mediaset reports this Saturday evening that Chelsea have agreed personal terms with Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
New Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been eager to beef up his striker options with just Fernando Torres and Demba Ba currently available at Stamford Bridge.
Mediaset reveal that Cavani has agreed an 8.5 million euro deal per season on a five year contract with the Roman Abramovich’s side.
Cavani has long been linked with Chelsea this summer but it was thought to be a straight choice between the Blues and Real Madrid for the Uruguayan.
On Cavani’s return from the Confederations Cup, the top goal scorer in Serie A last season will sit with Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis to ensure a transfer fee can be agreed between the two clubs.
Napoli are holding out for 63 million euros (Cavani’s release clause) while Chelsea have initially offered 50 million euros.
There has also been talk of Brazilian midfielder Ramires being used as part exchange to soften the blow for Rafa Benitez’s new side.
Intriguingly, for the English transfer market, Mediaset add that Real Madrid will now turn their attentions to Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
The thought of Cavani spearheading a Chelsea attack that includes Oscar, Eden Hazard and Juan Mata behind, should be a frightening one for the rest of the Premier League.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...