Chelsea prepare a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
- January 4, 2014
The Mail on Sunday has a eye-grabbing, complete bollocks article on the splash of their sports page claiming that Chelsea are preparing a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney.
The story in the Mail is full on conjecture, hinging on the ongoing contract talks between Manchester United and Wayne Rooney breaking down before the Pensioners make their move.
In the event that Rooney does decide to leave Old Trafford, Bob Cass farts that “Chelsea are ready to pounce with a £30m bid for Wayne Rooney.” The article goes on to claim:
Jose Mourinho made Rooney is No 1 priority to the extent that other Chelsea targets such as Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao, Mario Gotze and Neymar were allowed to slip through their net.
Wayne Rooney’s current deal at Old Trafford expires in 2015, and by all accounts the striker will renew his deal at the Theatre of Dreams.
The nonsense Rooney-to-Chelsea story in the Mail on Sunday can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...