Chelsea prepare a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
- January 4, 2014
The Mail on Sunday has a eye-grabbing, complete bollocks article on the splash of their sports page claiming that Chelsea are preparing a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney.
The story in the Mail is full on conjecture, hinging on the ongoing contract talks between Manchester United and Wayne Rooney breaking down before the Pensioners make their move.
In the event that Rooney does decide to leave Old Trafford, Bob Cass farts that “Chelsea are ready to pounce with a £30m bid for Wayne Rooney.” The article goes on to claim:
Jose Mourinho made Rooney is No 1 priority to the extent that other Chelsea targets such as Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao, Mario Gotze and Neymar were allowed to slip through their net.
Wayne Rooney’s current deal at Old Trafford expires in 2015, and by all accounts the striker will renew his deal at the Theatre of Dreams.
The nonsense Rooney-to-Chelsea story in the Mail on Sunday can be seen below.
- Jose Mourinho: Crystal Palace were lucky & singles out 1 Chelsea player (video)
- Yannick Bolasie posts classy Instagram post after Crystal Palace win at Chelsea
- Chelsea Stats: Jose Mourinho’s last 7 EPL defeats have come v managers with surna...
- Jose Mourinho hails Brazilian starlet Kenedy after Chelsea 1 – Crystal Palace 2 (...
- Chelsea & Liverpool lose, Kamara gets the giggles: Best of Soccer Saturday (video)
- Furious Chelsea fan demands “get rid” of Branislav Ivanovic, claims loyalty...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...