Chelsea prepare a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
- January 4, 2014
The Mail on Sunday has a eye-grabbing, complete bollocks article on the splash of their sports page claiming that Chelsea are preparing a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney.
The story in the Mail is full on conjecture, hinging on the ongoing contract talks between Manchester United and Wayne Rooney breaking down before the Pensioners make their move.
In the event that Rooney does decide to leave Old Trafford, Bob Cass farts that “Chelsea are ready to pounce with a £30m bid for Wayne Rooney.” The article goes on to claim:
Jose Mourinho made Rooney is No 1 priority to the extent that other Chelsea targets such as Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao, Mario Gotze and Neymar were allowed to slip through their net.
Wayne Rooney’s current deal at Old Trafford expires in 2015, and by all accounts the striker will renew his deal at the Theatre of Dreams.
The nonsense Rooney-to-Chelsea story in the Mail on Sunday can be seen below.
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea Fans Channel rank the top five worst Blues signings [Video]
- Chelsea’s 14-year-old Bernard Kosia moonwalks while balancing a football [Skills ...
- Colombian TV report Radamel Falcao has signed his Chelsea contract [video]
- Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan wants to join Chelsea in a £29m deal [Daily Mail]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi