- Brendan Rodgers: ‘We were outstanding’ / Wenger: A draw was the fair result’ [Video]
- Supersonic Golazo! Inter’s Mateo Kovacic scores Thunder-bastard volley v Lazio [GIF & Video]
- Arsenal fan says ‘Liverpool fans should be embarrassed by the lack of atmosphere at Anfield’ [Video]
- ‘United In Grief’: Best ever Half-and-Half shirt spotted at Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1. Respect Sir!
- Liverpool fan Chris deliberately winds up Gooners by calling Alexis Sanchez a waste of money [Video]
Chelsea prepare a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney [Mail on Sunday]
The Mail on Sunday has a eye-grabbing, complete bollocks article on the splash of their sports page claiming that Chelsea are preparing a £30m bid for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney.
The story in the Mail is full on conjecture, hinging on the ongoing contract talks between Manchester United and Wayne Rooney breaking down before the Pensioners make their move.
In the event that Rooney does decide to leave Old Trafford, Bob Cass farts that “Chelsea are ready to pounce with a £30m bid for Wayne Rooney.” The article goes on to claim:
Jose Mourinho made Rooney is No 1 priority to the extent that other Chelsea targets such as Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao, Mario Gotze and Neymar were allowed to slip through their net.
Wayne Rooney’s current deal at Old Trafford expires in 2015, and by all accounts the striker will renew his deal at the Theatre of Dreams.
The nonsense Rooney-to-Chelsea story in the Mail on Sunday can be seen below.
- Updated: January 4, 2014