Chelsea planning shock move for Juan Cuadrado, offering Marko Marin as makeweight [Express]
- August 11, 2014
There’s a fresh twist in the ‘race’ to sign Juan Cuadrado, according to the Daily Express.
With the latest from Manchester appearing to show Van Gaal and co cooling off on signing the Colombian, Jose Mourinho is planning on throwing a curveball into the situation and seize the opportunity, the tabloid claim.
The Express believe that Mourinho’s idea was sparked by La Viola’s repeated attempts to sign Marko Marin, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, and on whom Mourinho isn’t counting for the future at Chelsea.
Mourinho has no plans to keep Marin in west London past the summer, and is ready to offer the German plus cash in order to secure Cuadrado’s signature.
The Express claim that Mourinho is now plotting a move for Cuadrado, offering Marin as a makeweight to Fiorentina.
Could Chelsea be about to pull off another Willian coup, stealing in at the 11th hour to snatch a player wanted by a Premier League rival?
- Montreal Impact publish extended video of Didier Drogba’s incredible welcome (Video)
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa once killed his pet Yorkshire Terrier by accidentally runni...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Diego Costa’s first words to John Terry after joining Chelsea were “I go to...
- Diego Costa reveals how Chelsea urged him to reject Liverpool in 2013
- Man United are taking on Chelsea in the race to sign John Stones [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi