Chelsea planning shock move for Juan Cuadrado, offering Marko Marin as makeweight [Express]
- August 11, 2014
There’s a fresh twist in the ‘race’ to sign Juan Cuadrado, according to the Daily Express.
With the latest from Manchester appearing to show Van Gaal and co cooling off on signing the Colombian, Jose Mourinho is planning on throwing a curveball into the situation and seize the opportunity, the tabloid claim.
The Express believe that Mourinho’s idea was sparked by La Viola’s repeated attempts to sign Marko Marin, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, and on whom Mourinho isn’t counting for the future at Chelsea.
Mourinho has no plans to keep Marin in west London past the summer, and is ready to offer the German plus cash in order to secure Cuadrado’s signature.
The Express claim that Mourinho is now plotting a move for Cuadrado, offering Marin as a makeweight to Fiorentina.
Could Chelsea be about to pull off another Willian coup, stealing in at the 11th hour to snatch a player wanted by a Premier League rival?
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi