- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Chelsea planning shock move for Juan Cuadrado, offering Marko Marin as makeweight [Express]
There’s a fresh twist in the ‘race’ to sign Juan Cuadrado, according to the Daily Express.
With the latest from Manchester appearing to show Van Gaal and co cooling off on signing the Colombian, Jose Mourinho is planning on throwing a curveball into the situation and seize the opportunity, the tabloid claim.
The Express believe that Mourinho’s idea was sparked by La Viola’s repeated attempts to sign Marko Marin, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, and on whom Mourinho isn’t counting for the future at Chelsea.
Mourinho has no plans to keep Marin in west London past the summer, and is ready to offer the German plus cash in order to secure Cuadrado’s signature.
The Express claim that Mourinho is now plotting a move for Cuadrado, offering Marin as a makeweight to Fiorentina.
Could Chelsea be about to pull off another Willian coup, stealing in at the 11th hour to snatch a player wanted by a Premier League rival?
- Updated: August 11, 2014