Chelsea planning shock move for Juan Cuadrado, offering Marko Marin as makeweight [Express]
- August 11, 2014
There’s a fresh twist in the ‘race’ to sign Juan Cuadrado, according to the Daily Express.
With the latest from Manchester appearing to show Van Gaal and co cooling off on signing the Colombian, Jose Mourinho is planning on throwing a curveball into the situation and seize the opportunity, the tabloid claim.
The Express believe that Mourinho’s idea was sparked by La Viola’s repeated attempts to sign Marko Marin, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, and on whom Mourinho isn’t counting for the future at Chelsea.
Mourinho has no plans to keep Marin in west London past the summer, and is ready to offer the German plus cash in order to secure Cuadrado’s signature.
The Express claim that Mourinho is now plotting a move for Cuadrado, offering Marin as a makeweight to Fiorentina.
Could Chelsea be about to pull off another Willian coup, stealing in at the 11th hour to snatch a player wanted by a Premier League rival?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...