Chelsea planning shock move for Juan Cuadrado, offering Marko Marin as makeweight [Express]
- August 11, 2014
There’s a fresh twist in the ‘race’ to sign Juan Cuadrado, according to the Daily Express.
With the latest from Manchester appearing to show Van Gaal and co cooling off on signing the Colombian, Jose Mourinho is planning on throwing a curveball into the situation and seize the opportunity, the tabloid claim.
The Express believe that Mourinho’s idea was sparked by La Viola’s repeated attempts to sign Marko Marin, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, and on whom Mourinho isn’t counting for the future at Chelsea.
Mourinho has no plans to keep Marin in west London past the summer, and is ready to offer the German plus cash in order to secure Cuadrado’s signature.
The Express claim that Mourinho is now plotting a move for Cuadrado, offering Marin as a makeweight to Fiorentina.
Could Chelsea be about to pull off another Willian coup, stealing in at the 11th hour to snatch a player wanted by a Premier League rival?
- Papy Djilobodji gives his first interview as a Chelsea player following move from Nante...
- Chelsea medic Eva Carneiro has not returned to work since being demoted by Jose Mourinh...
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...