- Are you Barça in disguise? Conference side Eastleigh score tiki-taka team golazo [Video]
- Former Irish rugby star Brian O’Driscoll admits he was infatuated when he met David Beckham [Video]
- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
Chelsea paid Atletico £30m for Diego Costa, Blues also have agreement to sign Tiago [AS]
- July 1, 2014
The official Chelsea announcement that Diego Costa had signed from Atletico Madrid was rather short and was lacking in details.
It is left to Spanish newspaper AS to confirm that Chelsea paid 38 million euros for the
Brazilian Spanish striker, his release clause. This is just over 30 million pounds.
AS also confirm Portuguese reports from yesterday, Chelsea have an agreement to sign Tiago, who is out of contract after winning La Liga with Atletico last season.
Tiago, 33-years-old, will re-sign for Chelsea in the coming days, it is not clear yet why Chelsea have not made it official.
Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid released a statement regarding Diego Costa’s move to Chelsea and pinned all the blame on the move on the striker himself.
Atletico: “Diego Costa communicated at the end of last season their he wanted to be transferred to Chelsea FC and today the two sides have reached an agreement that the London club is obliged to pay the full amount shown as a termination clause in the contract between the player and the club.”
The La Liga champions also wished Diego Costa “good luck in the next step of your career.”