Chelsea paid Atletico £30m for Diego Costa, Blues also have agreement to sign Tiago [AS]
The official Chelsea announcement that Diego Costa had signed from Atletico Madrid was rather short and was lacking in details.
It is left to Spanish newspaper AS to confirm that Chelsea paid 38 million euros for the
Brazilian Spanish striker, his release clause. This is just over 30 million pounds.
AS also confirm Portuguese reports from yesterday, Chelsea have an agreement to sign Tiago, who is out of contract after winning La Liga with Atletico last season.
Tiago, 33-years-old, will re-sign for Chelsea in the coming days, it is not clear yet why Chelsea have not made it official.
Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid released a statement regarding Diego Costa’s move to Chelsea and pinned all the blame on the move on the striker himself.
Atletico: “Diego Costa communicated at the end of last season their he wanted to be transferred to Chelsea FC and today the two sides have reached an agreement that the London club is obliged to pay the full amount shown as a termination clause in the contract between the player and the club.”
The La Liga champions also wished Diego Costa “good luck in the next step of your career.”
Watch Live Stream
- Heartbreak for Simeone: Full highlights of Real Madrid 1* – Atletico Madrid 1 (Official Video)May 28th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Penalties a lottery, Real Madrid more experienced (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Pepe savaged on Twitter for despicable play-acting in CL final [Best Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- I’m cramping up: Gareth Bale on winning Real Madrid’s 11th Champions League (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard can’t wait to play Mourinho’s Man United [SSN]May 28th, 2016
- Thibaut Courtois puts an end to Real Madrid rumours, insists he’s staying at Chelsea (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Chelsea chose the wrong day to bid their fans a Good Morning [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Chelsea fans turn on Jose Mourinho following his love-in at Man United [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Mousa Dembele discusses the Diego Costa eye gouge during Chelsea-Spurs (Video)May 20th, 2016
- Fans joke after Chelsea’s Diego Costa & Man United’s Juan Mata omitted from Spai...May 17th, 2016
- Diego Costa proved he’s a class act beneath the bad boy image at Chelsea AwardsMay 14th, 2016
- Chelsea will sell Diego Costa if they can sign an Argentine international instead [Guillem Balague]May 11th, 2016