Chelsea paid Atletico £30m for Diego Costa, Blues also have agreement to sign Tiago [AS]
The official Chelsea announcement that Diego Costa had signed from Atletico Madrid was rather short and was lacking in details.
It is left to Spanish newspaper AS to confirm that Chelsea paid 38 million euros for the
Brazilian Spanish striker, his release clause. This is just over 30 million pounds.
AS also confirm Portuguese reports from yesterday, Chelsea have an agreement to sign Tiago, who is out of contract after winning La Liga with Atletico last season.
Tiago, 33-years-old, will re-sign for Chelsea in the coming days, it is not clear yet why Chelsea have not made it official.
Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid released a statement regarding Diego Costa’s move to Chelsea and pinned all the blame on the move on the striker himself.
Atletico: “Diego Costa communicated at the end of last season their he wanted to be transferred to Chelsea FC and today the two sides have reached an agreement that the London club is obliged to pay the full amount shown as a termination clause in the contract between the player and the club.”
The La Liga champions also wished Diego Costa “good luck in the next step of your career.”
Watch Live Stream
- Yannick Carrasco gets new Atletico Madrid contract with huge buy-out clauseOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea linked to an Atletico Madrid midfielder [Sport]October 20, 2016
- Carrasco claims a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid crush Granada 7-1 (Official video)October 16, 2016
- Positive Man United updates in the pursuit of Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann [Mirror]October 16, 2016
- Diego Forlan reveals Roy Keane’s unflattering description for ChelseaOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea wonderkid Tammy Abraham on how John Terry’s messages give him confidenceOctober 21, 2016
- Joker: David Luiz trolls a young Chelsea fan (Video)October 21, 2016
- David Luiz is looking forward to Chelsea v Manchester United (video)October 21, 2016
- Chelsea fans & FPL managers are hoping Diego Costa gets booked v Man UnitedOctober 20, 2016
- Chelsea warn Diego Costa to show more respect to Antonio ConteOctober 18, 2016
- The real reason Diego Costa asked to be substituted against LeicesterOctober 18, 2016
- A quality short story about Diego Costa, a Chelsea fan & a broken cameraOctober 18, 2016