Chelsea paid Atletico £30m for Diego Costa, Blues also have agreement to sign Tiago [AS]
The official Chelsea announcement that Diego Costa had signed from Atletico Madrid was rather short and was lacking in details.
It is left to Spanish newspaper AS to confirm that Chelsea paid 38 million euros for the
Brazilian Spanish striker, his release clause. This is just over 30 million pounds.
AS also confirm Portuguese reports from yesterday, Chelsea have an agreement to sign Tiago, who is out of contract after winning La Liga with Atletico last season.
Tiago, 33-years-old, will re-sign for Chelsea in the coming days, it is not clear yet why Chelsea have not made it official.
Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid released a statement regarding Diego Costa’s move to Chelsea and pinned all the blame on the move on the striker himself.
Atletico: “Diego Costa communicated at the end of last season their he wanted to be transferred to Chelsea FC and today the two sides have reached an agreement that the London club is obliged to pay the full amount shown as a termination clause in the contract between the player and the club.”
The La Liga champions also wished Diego Costa “good luck in the next step of your career.”
Watch Live Stream
- Man United have been offered Atletico Madrid midfielder Bernard Mensah by his agent [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Mascherano slip proves costly for Barcelona in Atletico draw (Official highlights video)September 22, 2016
- Chelsea old boy Filipe Luis calls out Barcelona’s Luis Suarez on Instagram for a nasty foulSeptember 22, 2016
- Chelsea suffer another John Terry blow ahead of their match against Hull [Times]September 30, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas posts amusing comment on a Chelsea Instagram postSeptember 29, 2016
- Chelsea fans are talking about Thorgan Hazard [Tweets]September 29, 2016
- Conte only signed 1 player on his summer shopping list, 5 Chelsea stars set for the chop [Times]September 29, 2016
- Laurent Koscielny trolls Diego Costa on InstagramSeptember 25, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp knows why opposition fans hate Diego Costa: Because he’s world class (Video)September 14, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hails Chelsea striker Diego CostaSeptember 14, 2016
- Diego Costa stars in hilarious Vine Chelsea clipSeptember 13, 2016