Chelsea open negotiations with Atletico Madrid for the £35 million striker Diego Costa [Express]
- March 26, 2014
As Diego Costa scored Atletico Madrid winner against Granada on Wednesday night to give the Rojiblancos a one point buffer on top of La Liga, the Express splashed the backpage of their paper with news the Spanish-Brazilian striker maybe heading to Chelsea.
A so-called EXCLUSIVE from Ton Bank detailed the following:
Chelsea have begun negotiations on a £35 million deal for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.
Talks have taken place through third parties with Jose Mourinho seeing Spain striker Costa as the man he wants to lead the line next season and he’s keen to tie up the deal before he goes to the World Cup.
There are doubts over the futures of all three Chelsea frontmen – Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba.
Former Atletico hero Torres could be used as a makeweight in the deal for Costa, with a long-term loan deal a possibility.
See the backpage of Thursday’s Express below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...