Chelsea open negotiations with Atletico Madrid for the £35 million striker Diego Costa [Express]
- March 26, 2014
As Diego Costa scored Atletico Madrid winner against Granada on Wednesday night to give the Rojiblancos a one point buffer on top of La Liga, the Express splashed the backpage of their paper with news the Spanish-Brazilian striker maybe heading to Chelsea.
A so-called EXCLUSIVE from Ton Bank detailed the following:
Chelsea have begun negotiations on a £35 million deal for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.
Talks have taken place through third parties with Jose Mourinho seeing Spain striker Costa as the man he wants to lead the line next season and he’s keen to tie up the deal before he goes to the World Cup.
There are doubts over the futures of all three Chelsea frontmen – Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba.
Former Atletico hero Torres could be used as a makeweight in the deal for Costa, with a long-term loan deal a possibility.
See the backpage of Thursday’s Express below.
- Southampton threaten to sue if Toby Alderweireld is sold to Tottenham [Sky Sports]
- La Liga legend David Villa scores two golazos in 2-1 NYC FC win v Montreal [Official Vi...
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Sevilla announce agreement to sign Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi