- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
- 11 Premier League clubs charge for children to be mascots, West Ham £600 package highest [Guardian]
Chelsea open negotiations with Atletico Madrid for the £35 million striker Diego Costa [Express]
As Diego Costa scored Atletico Madrid winner against Granada on Wednesday night to give the Rojiblancos a one point buffer on top of La Liga, the Express splashed the backpage of their paper with news the Spanish-Brazilian striker maybe heading to Chelsea.
A so-called EXCLUSIVE from Ton Bank detailed the following:
Chelsea have begun negotiations on a £35 million deal for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.
Talks have taken place through third parties with Jose Mourinho seeing Spain striker Costa as the man he wants to lead the line next season and he’s keen to tie up the deal before he goes to the World Cup.
There are doubts over the futures of all three Chelsea frontmen – Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba.
Former Atletico hero Torres could be used as a makeweight in the deal for Costa, with a long-term loan deal a possibility.
See the backpage of Thursday’s Express below.
- Updated: March 26, 2014