- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Chelsea on the verge of signing Brazilian forward Taison from Metalist
After two successive 0-0 draws under new boss Rafa Benitez, Chelsea are set to beef up their forward line with a move for Brazilian forward Taison.
The 24-year-old forward attended Chelsea’s goalless draw with Fulham on Wednesday evening and negotiations are already underway between the Blues and his Ukranian club Metalist.
Taison would become the fifth Brazilian at Stamford Bridge, joining David Luiz, Oscar, Ramires and Lucas Piazon.
Chelsea were linked with Taison in the summer and he was thought to be a Plan B if they failed to sign Hulk from Porto who subsequently joined Zenit.
Brazilian website Globoesporte who broke this story suggest Radamel Falcao remains Chelsea’s long term replacement for the struggling Fernando Torres, with a move expected next summer.
Taison will give boss Rafa Benitez options as he can play all across the front line and is not necessarily known as an out-and-out goal scorer, notching 18 goals in 69 appearances in Ukraine.
Chelsea will reportedly bid 12 million pounds for Taison with Metalist playing just two more games in the coming week before their winter break kicks in.
Taison made a name for himself with a wonder Marco van Basten-esque goal for Metalist against Rosenborg in the Europa League earlier this season – it can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: November 29, 2012