Chelsea offer Bayern’s Toni Kroos €8m a year, battle Barcelona & Real Madrid for the midfielder [AS]
- June 25, 2014
Spanish paper AS are reporting on Wednesday that Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea have entered the race to sign Toni Kroos this summer.
It should be point out from the outset that the inclusion of Chelsea in the transfer story seems something of an afterthought for AS, who write:
Barcelona get into the fight to sign German Toni Kroos!
Real Madrid will have another powerful rival in the race for signing Toni Kroos. [Barca] have taken the first steps and join Chelsea and Los Blancos in the race for the German.
Beyond that name-drop, AS add that Chelsea are offering the player €8m a year to move to Stamford Bridge.
As for the Spanish angle to the piece, AS only seem to be echoing reporting originated in German magazine Kinker on Tuesday that the Catalans have now ramped up effort to land the 24-year-old Mannschaft midfielder.
AS speculate that Barca may have the upper hand in negotiations as the clubs have a good working relationship after doing a deal for Thiago Alcantara last summer.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]