Chelsea offer Bayern’s Toni Kroos €8m a year, battle Barcelona & Real Madrid for the midfielder [AS]
Spanish paper AS are reporting on Wednesday that Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea have entered the race to sign Toni Kroos this summer.
It should be point out from the outset that the inclusion of Chelsea in the transfer story seems something of an afterthought for AS, who write:
Barcelona get into the fight to sign German Toni Kroos!
Real Madrid will have another powerful rival in the race for signing Toni Kroos. [Barca] have taken the first steps and join Chelsea and Los Blancos in the race for the German.
Beyond that name-drop, AS add that Chelsea are offering the player €8m a year to move to Stamford Bridge.
As for the Spanish angle to the piece, AS only seem to be echoing reporting originated in German magazine Kinker on Tuesday that the Catalans have now ramped up effort to land the 24-year-old Mannschaft midfielder.
AS speculate that Barca may have the upper hand in negotiations as the clubs have a good working relationship after doing a deal for Thiago Alcantara last summer.
- Pep Guardiola’s tactics at Bayern compared to Arsenal legend Herbert Chapman [Marca]
- Injured David Alaba celebrates Bayern’s 4-0 win over Olympiakos with a song (Video)
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)