Chelsea midfielder Ramires tells ESPN Brazil “I never dive” after late West Brom penalty
With the furore over Chelsea’s late penalty equaliser versus West Brom still widespread, Ramires, who “won” the Blues penalty has spoken out about his reputation and the decision from referee Andre Marriner.
Ramires told ESPN Brazil after Chelsea 2 – West Brom 2: “I have never used diving to win fouls or penalties. It’s not in my character, and those who know me, know it very well.”
The Brazilian added: “I can guarantee that I was pushed by the opponent… This is being whipped up by people who are against Chelsea.”
Before returning to Brazil for games against Honduras and Chile during the international break, Ramires also lamented Chelsea dropping two points in the race for the Premier League title.
Ramires: “Unfortunately for these people [those who do not like Chelsea] we continue to be unbeaten home. It was not the result we wanted, but after what happened in the game, we have won a point. There are plenty of games to go in the league. We will work to correct our mistakes and improve in the coming games.”
Footage of the Ramires penalty decision, with audio from Steve Clarke, Jose Mourinho and former referee Dermot Gallagher, via TalkSPORT, is on the video below.
Watch Live Stream
- Lots of Chelsea fans don’t even want Arsenal’s star player [Tweets]December 8, 2016
- John Terry films bizarre goalkeeper exercise at Chelsea trainingDecember 8, 2016
- Willian explains why he didn’t join Tottenham, Chelsea fans love it (video)December 8, 2016
- Major doubts emerge over the future of Chelsea loanee Charly Musonda [Marca]December 8, 2016
- Furious Ramires had to be held back from referee after red card in Jiangsu Suning defeat (Video)July 9, 2016
- Ramires claims he left Chelsea because Guus Hiddink had personal issues with him [Sun]April 6, 2016
- Alex Teixeira scores his 1st Jiangsu Suning goal, set up by Ramires (Video)March 1, 2016
- Alex Teixeira & Ramires make their Jiangsu Suning debuts in the AFC Champions League (Official Video)February 23, 2016
- West Brom’s Allan Nyom issues an apology to Watford for his celebration [Instagram]December 6, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal stars join two Baggies in the BBC’s team of the weekDecember 5, 2016
- Everton & West Brom keen on signing Morgan Schneiderlin from Man United [Telegraph]December 2, 2016
- Tony Pulis has been ordered to pay Crystal Palace £3.7m by high court [Telegraph]November 28, 2016